GPS Devices

Brad, Sounds like a nice toy. The choice of topo or satellite maps looks pretty cool. I looked up the RAM bar mount and it looks like its made for a motorcycle. It certainly would put the GPS in harms way on an MTB. I was wondering if there was some way that mounts it to the toptube or something. Like you said, it is kind of bulky but thats the price you pay for the fancy color display I guess. I'd be surprised if you will get a decent signal inside a camelback once the leaves bud out though.

Topo USA v6

Here is a map I have made of Mahlon, really showing off the Topo USA program more than the GPS unit, but I am able to modify the existing map with my additional data and view it on my PN-20 GPSr. I think I have just about all of the MD trails on there. I know of at least three trails I am missing, mainly b/c you cannot mtb on them.

edit: oops, file size was too big. I will try to resize it.

Last edited:
Pretty cool Brad. Is this the map that comes with Topo 6 straight out of the box or did you add trails based on your local knowledge?

thats pretty sweet. Im thinking of collecting maps of all the trails in the area. Jeff always has maps and hes pretty good about navigating through the trails. Makes me a bit jealous. Hope to learn some Sherpa like skills.

Is that map printable, and is there a file i could get my hands on?

Fred I'm getting old and need someone worthy to pass my trail knowledge on to for future generations.I will help you in your quest but you must resist modern technology and learn the old ways my boy...............

Fred I'm getting old and need someone worthy to pass my trail knowledge on to for future generations.I will help you in your quest but you must resist modern technology and learn the old ways my boy...............

NOO...dont leave me! you can die yet!

I have the edge 205 waiting to be put into action. THANKS JEFF!!! Im excited. I hope soon to be under your tutelage.

Pretty cool Brad. Is this the map that comes with Topo 6 straight out of the box or did you add trails based on your local knowledge?

The only trail that it comes with out of the box for MD is the old Ogden Rail Trail that extends northward from Saffins Pond. I have added all of the other MD/wma trails. I am missing quite a lot from the WMAs but have almost all of the MD trails.

thats pretty sweet. Im thinking of collecting maps of all the trails in the area. Jeff always has maps and hes pretty good about navigating through the trails. Makes me a bit jealous. Hope to learn some Sherpa like skills.

Is that map printable, and is there a file i could get my hands on?

I can print it out, but in order for the resolution to be big enough for you to see it would exceed the file size. You can just go to this website: MCPC - MD

however, they do not have all the trails on there either.

The main idea for me is to upload all the trails onto my gpsr.

I have found that Morris and Monmouth Counties generally have the best maps.

I can print it out, but in order for the resolution to be big enough for you to see it would exceed the file size. You can just go to this website: MCPC - MD

however, they do not have all the trails on there either.

The main idea for me is to upload all the trails onto my gpsr.

I have found that Morris and Monmouth Counties generally have the best maps.

sweet, thanks!

brad - that is fantastic. did you get the points that we were looking for on there?

uh, no. maybe this weekend. One of the three trails I am also missing is the vandalized trail with all the orange spray paint. Who the hell would do that by the way!!!

i am running version 3.10 on my edge 205. is that the right software? There is a 2.9 from a later date. But its in a different category on the downloads page. I just want to make sure i got what i need.

Motionbased is telling me the recommended is 2.9. The updater program says its up to date also. I'm just a bit confused.

i am running version 3.10 on my edge 205. is that the right software? There is a 2.9 from a later date. But its in a different category on the downloads page. I just want to make sure i got what i need.

Motionbased is telling me the recommended is 2.9. The updater program says its up to date also. I'm just a bit confused.

v3.1 for what program?

Back
Top Bottom