Got Sand?

sandman

On my ride at Greenwood yesterday, I thought I wood go behind the Clayton sand pit. The reason was that last year, I saw some trees being cut down behind the pit. 20180906_181412.JPG20180802_204645.JPG A very used single track goes thru Claytons property. So now it looks like this 20190613_210505.JPG20190613_210501.JPG I rode along the inside looking over the wall, to see if I could find any part of the old trail. I did not. I did see an old double track that took me to the old Rail Road tracks. That took me back to my car. 20190613_210333.JPG20190613_210650.JPG That's a wall of sand.

I have a friend who keeps his boat in forked river. We’ve done some short rides closer to the water connecting random trails but haven’t been west of the parkway. Are those trails rideable on a non-fatbike mtb?

I have a friend who keeps his boat in forked river. We’ve done some short rides closer to the water connecting random trails but haven’t been west of the parkway. Are those trails rideable on a non-fatbike mtb?
NO! And they are not marked. This is my 6th year there, and new trails are added from the year before.

My NO may seem harsh, so If looking at the picture above with my bike in the sand, looks like something you can deal with, then go for it. You will never run out of trails to ride.

My NO may seem harsh, so If looking at the picture above with my bike in the sand, looks like something you can deal with, then go for it. You will never run out of trails to ride.
I gotcha. I guess what I was trying to gauge is if most of the trails are deep sand.

Back
Top Bottom