Google Nest Thermostat E

ekuhn

Google Nest Thermostat E - I bought this after last winter and went to install it, but doesn't work with my current setup. Connects to the Nest app. I pulled out of package, mounted it to the wall before I realized I need the smarter thermostat to control the two separate heating/cooling systems in my second zone. Can meet at 6MR or anywhere between Newark and Somerset.

$100

IMG_2974.jpeg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can I ask why it won't work with your current setup? Do you have forced hot air?

ekuhn

Can I ask why it won't work with your current setup? Do you have forced hot air?
I have Forced AC and Hot Water Baseboard. Two separate systems with two separate transformers. This only allows one R wire, and it combines Rc and Rh. I was able to use it in the other stand alone heating zones, but not as a combined unit.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ah, OK.

I ask only because my forced hot air & conditioning didn't have the C connection. But turns out the nest doesn't really need that as it sucks power off the system whenever it runs.

Been working fine for me for years without it. Was hoping that was your issue...

ebineezer

I a
Ah, OK.

I ask only because my forced hot air & conditioning didn't have the C connection. But turns out the nest doesn't really need that as it sucks power off the system whenever it runs.

Been working fine for me for years without it. Was hoping that was your issue...I actually had the
I actually had the opposite experience. Mine wouldn’t work properly without the common.
(Sorry for derailing)

Top Bottom