Google Earth/GPS

there are a bunch of improvements i could think of for the current 305. first and foremost would be an approved auxillary power source. would be nice to have all my info from a 24 hour race so that i could compare speed/hr on each lap after the race, in order to evaluate my progress or improve strategy.

So I subscribed to google earth and can open your .gpx files. Question: how can I upload these to my GPS unit? I only see info for downloading from the gps unit to google earth.

Seems that there is alot of confusion about uploading and downloading when it comes to gps. Download (I would think) would be loading to the mapping software from the GPS and uploading would be going from the map on the PC to the GPS unit. Well anyway.....

how can I get the stuff from google earth to my unit?

If you own Delorme's Topo v6 program you can import GE files, and then upload them to your GPSr if it is compatible. I know some of the Garmin models are compatible, but now that Delorme has their own GPSr (see -> this thread and this website),I would imagine they would limit that compatibility. Anyhow, to answer your question, yes it is possible, and I am currently able to do it (see page 5 or so of my gps thread).

edit: Oh and by the way, welcome to the loony bin.

Back
Top Bottom