Google Earth/GPS

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
It looks like those things still track funny cause some sections dont look quite right to me. That exit from deer park can be tricky sometimes unless that guy moved(mean,nasty,dogs and gun)Unless its known and just not preferred I'd like to show someone how to croos under 80 w/ the river at waterloo then ride the towpath. I wish i was faster cause i could show you crazy mega loops.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
they take samples and then link them together. it's not 'dead on balls' accurate, but it's better than nothing. the farm was bought up by the state, so no probs there. on waterloo rd, we were just kind of exploring. we did ride through the tunnel, which was cool.

not all my rides are as fast paced as that one you accompanied me on. that was specifically a fast day. i would love to see some more trails, or be shown some longer loops to ride. lemme know.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you saying the laws of physics don't apply to your stove?

Is that platform pedals Brett as Hardtale? I too would love to go on some of these crazy loops. The Wawayanda sprained-ankle-means-death loop you mentioned sounded kinda neat, if you leave out the death part.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I'll have to check out that farm area now that its state.Your dh exit from DP to Waterloo is where the pyshco may still live. I looked again closer and saw your 80 crossing. I've never been thru there. I go thru the quarry area and follow the old canal. This will go back to the car w/ almost no asphalt involved.

S

Stan LeCupp

anrothar said:
some more berkshire valley area trails:

For some reason these files don't work for me. I open them ,Google earth opens, but no GPS info is displayed. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
are they working for everyone else? kinda wierd. i download them, then after i save them in google earth, i resave them as a kmz on my desktop, then upload them. should work... another option would be to click on my link in 'seans training blog'. then click on digest in the upper left. then select the ride you want a route for, click 'more activities', and 'download to google earth'.

ytc100

anrothar said:
are they working for everyone else? kinda wierd. i download them, then after i save them in google earth, i resave them as a kmz on my desktop, then upload them. should work... another option would be to click on my link in 'seans training blog'. then click on digest in the upper left. then select the ride you want a route for, click 'more activities', and 'download to google earth'.

No problem here. Stan you got an older version of google earth maybe? Might not be backward compatible??

SpartaBard

How were the views from up there? Must have been a steep climb.

What was the status of the Dover-Milton Road Bridge?

S

Stan LeCupp

ytc100 said:
No problem here. Stan you got an older version of google earth maybe? Might not be backward compatible??

I erased Google earth, downloaded latest version and reinstalled. Still don't work. when I try to open the file GE says it does not recognise the file. Oh well I'll work it out another day.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the view from the climb on dover milton was incredible. great view of green pond and other points east from the top of the mountain on the other side. we used to hike up there, then climb down and jump off the rocks into green pond when i was younger.

the bridge is nearly finished. they are working on the stonework on the sides of it(historic district). it *should* be done by the beginning of december. or at least some time during the first week.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
alex, are you on a mac? i'm using a pc. have other google earth files, from other sources, worked for you in the past?

S

Stan LeCupp

anrothar said:
alex, are you on a mac? i'm using a pc. have other google earth files, from other sources, worked for you in the past?

Sean I'm on a PC. No it's not your files. Nobody's has worked on mine.:confused:

P

philo beddoe

This is getting frustrating

So I subscribed to google earth and can open your .gpx files. Question: how can I upload these to my GPS unit? I only see info for downloading from the gps unit to google earth.

Seems that there is alot of confusion about uploading and downloading when it comes to gps. Download (I would think) would be loading to the mapping software from the GPS and uploading would be going from the map on the PC to the GPS unit. Well anyway.....

how can I get the stuff from google earth to my unit?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm not entirely sure, i've never done it. my gps is good for knowing where i've been, but not where i'm going. it doesn't have any real maps. i know that if you go to http://www.motionbased.com you can upload any of the tracks there directly to a gps device. just search either by location or username(im anrothar there too), then select the box for whatever route you want to upload, click 'more activities', and then upload to device.

D

DANSPANK

But without a base map I think it's a bit poo. You may seem to be just a couple of clicks away from a start or end location but in reality it could be the other side of a massive river or something.

I heard rumours of an edge 405 but I don't know if that will be map enable or even colour...

Top Bottom