google chrome

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i just started browsing with google's chrome browser. i don't know much about it. i have noticed one thing about chrome - it is pretty fast in comparison to the version of IE i was using. anyone else try using chrome for browsing? have they found any problems yet?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Chrome is a ground up fresh build it is multi-threaded meaning more or less it is less of a resource hog than IE the bad part is that most plugins do not work very well with non-IE browsers I use chrome at the office for all of my normal browsing but still need to use IE for the test director interface which sucks up a boatload of system memory and such.
at home I use firefox cause I run linux....yeah I know I am a geek but it is what it is..:)
all and all I am quite impressed with Chrome I have seen that if I leave it up for more than a week or so it tends to get slower.but not any where as bad as IE would.

Last edited:

gtluke

The Moped
IE7 is multithreading isn't it? i'm pretty sure it is.
i use firefox on my home computer and chrome on my work computer.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IE7 is multithreading isn't it? i'm pretty sure it is.
i use firefox on my home computer and chrome on my work computer.

I would think so. I can't imagine any GUI developer not using threads. I use Firefox all around but man the memory hit isn't much less than IE.

R0B

I like Chrome, I don't use IE at all. Usually between Firefox and Chrome. I'm trying out Firefox 4 beta now. Big step up from 3.

ArmyOfNone

I have been using chrome for a couple of months now. I used to be into this stuff way back when but I do think the browser is a bit faster. I also am brainwashed to think that anything google is better. :hmmm:

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I use chrome and FF -

Crome is good cause it updates itself; however, lack of addon's is not good.

FF is good, add-ons are great. Both are much better that IE. I use IE only for microsoft websites.

Opera is good too.

Top Bottom