Good source for used bikes?

MST.ESQ

I am looking for a used road bike (would like to get an Allez, CAAD9, Pilot 2.x or something similar) for training and a few 100mile rides. Garage sales usually only have crap, Craigslist is coming up short and flea-bay is way too scary... Anyone know of a good source for used bikes?

olegbabich

Do not be afraid of E-Bay. I'm building a E-Bay bike right now. Just be patient and learn the cost of items. There are some good deals to be found.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
There might be a few on here, actually.

Go into the "Wanted" thread and post what size and how much $$ you'd like to send. :)

bobkennelly

Do not be afraid of E-Bay. I'm building a E-Bay bike right now. Just be patient and learn the cost of items. There are some good deals to be found.

I agree, I am always selling and buying bike tid bits on there, although I have never bought a whole bike on it, Ive sold a few of mine as well as friends bikes for a small kick back..

Have not gotten burned yet, I am at 176 transactions, I would do the ebay thing...

OR..just go see J at the HALTERS , I am sure he could help you with a Bike purchase.

Tell him BOBKE sent ya..:D

MST.ESQ

OR..just go see J at the HALTERS , I am sure he could help you with a Bike purchase.

Tell him BOBKE sent ya..:D

I did the bike shop tour last weekend. I hope that they don't mind that I was drooling over the carbon frames:eek:

The trip to Halters will need to wait until I have some coin for a new full-squish. So far, I have only been able to scrounge up $262 in spare change for a road bike:(. I am going to need to put some stuff up on e-bay and craigslist to raise the rest.

doctor855: I am interested in hearing about the bike. PM me!

xc62701

I have a Lemond that I think I'm going to part with after I get my new bike. It's an older 55cm steel frame that I just built up that rides really well and works great. Updated drivetrain and wheels. If I let it go I'll make someone a great deal.

MST.ESQ

I need to figure out what size I am at this point. I ride a size M mountain bike at approx. 5' 9" tall and 160lbs. Inseam is 31". I assume I am about a 54cm for a road bike???

edit: xc62701 is correct, more like 54cm range...

Last edited:

xc62701

My inseam is 32" and I ride a 55(Lemond)or 56(Trek) so I would think you would be more in the 52 to 54cm range.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yep, i would guess 54. although weight has nothing to do with it. unless you're HUGE. :D

Top Bottom