good route for a scenic drive?

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I'm looking for a good place to drive to with my gf to see the fall colors. I am in mercer county and I was thinking of heading out towards westchester and checking out the covered bridges or heading up towards stokes or sunrise mountain.

Any of you folks have better suggestions? Would like to keep the drive itself under 2 hours and it wouldnt hurt to have something to do once we get to the end.

SpartaBard

Past prime up here in Sussex County, mostly looking at Reds-Brown. Still worth the ride though. Tillman's Ravine Natural Area in Stokes is also worth a look.

Rt 15 to 206N into Stokes. I would recommend hitting Tillmans Ravine for a short hike, then head back north through Stokes up to Sunrise Mtn, then follow the road up to High Point, you then take 23 back to 287.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
ill check that route out on google, I'm surprised its past prime up there. Down here, its still 50% green

SpartaBard

ill check that route out on google, I'm surprised its past prime up there. Down here, its still 50% green

Its been around 30 degrees at night for the at least the past week. Most of the leaves are off the trees in my yard.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it's spotty up here really. you'll have a patch way beyond prime, followed by a green stand of white oak and amaranth, followed by a group of maple, cottonwood and birch looking like they have skittles instead of leaves. try the following route. you will pass through loads of beautiful scenery, both in and out of prime, and the long valley brew pub has excellent food and beer. might be a little bit longer than what you were looking for though. ignore the directions on the side. it's actually pretty simple. just zoom in and copy down the names of the streets and the directions of the turns.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...7942&sspn=0.485031,1.268921&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1

Top Bottom