Good rides between NJ and Boston

D

DANSPANK

I'm heading up to Boston this weekend for an event. I thought I might take my mtb with me. Does anyone know a good trail system between here and Boston, just off the route, that I could try out?

If you know of a place in CT and then another in MA then that would work as I could ride the MA place on the way up and the CT place on the way back on Monday. Thanks, Daniel.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Try Trumbull River Park (Trumbull, CT). A little bit off 95 but only a minute or two (literally) off the Merritt Parkway. One of my favorite places to ride. Lots of techical, rocky singletrack.

cham666

Lynn Woods. You can see Boston from the top. It's amazing riding. It's great for XC and freeriding. I can't wait to get back there.

D

DANSPANK

great responses - thanks everyone. I'll but the bike on the lid of the car and head up there tomorrow.

Have a happy two-wheeled, three-day weekend everyone!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
He's the king of more than just crashing!

If you want more specifics on Lynn Woods or Vietnam all ask a good friend of mine to give me details and I can pass them on. He just recently moved back from Mass.

D

DANSPANK

Hi Norm,
I've been on Crankfire.com (pretty suite site!) and the Nemba site and both have good details of Lynn Wood and Trumball so I should be fine. But if your chum has some suggestions for trails to take/avoid then I wouldn't say "no".

D

DANSPANK

I was held-up in traffic on Friday so I had to limit my exploration of Lynn Woods but what I rode was bloody great! I'll definitely go and explore more when I next drive up to Boston.

So, the terrain was mostly short and steep ups and downs with huge boulders on some of the trails - a lot like the rolley polley trail at the mooch but with lots more of them. Very twisty, very technical and all on unmarked trails. That was a bit of a problem as the trails often just fizzled out and I needed to back track a bit.

I spent a lot of time on the boulders and rock gardens - loads of fun! And I did a lot of stopping and just enjoting the views. This was a great ride and I was only able to get to one side of the park. There's certainly a full day of exploration there.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2862282

I then had a full lads weekend and really wasn't in any fit shape to attempt Trumble on the way back today. But it's only a tad over an hour away so I'll get there soon.

Thanks again for the recomendations!

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Sounds like you had a great time at Lynn!

btw - I'll be heading up to Trumbull with a group on June 10th; let me know if your interested.

D

DANSPANK

Oh man, that would've been sweet and thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town over the next few weekends so won't be able to make it...

Top Bottom