Good ride @ Hart & Huber today.

don

Not on the bike but w/ 12" of fresh in the area and I had to ride something. So got a little hike and board ride @ the parks today. Nothing bananas but just fun to fart around in the new snow.

Sledders were packing this down. Glad I didn't wreck their jump:
http://bankbikes.com/storage/Hartshorne_LaurelRidge_Mar2009.avi

There was actually a nice sledding hill in the back but it was on the shallow side. This little bit on ValleyView was worth a short hike:
http://bankbikes.com/storage/Huber_ValleyView_Mar2009.avi

I also took a few runs on the hill behind the shopping center on Rt 36. That sucker had great pitch but by the time I got there the snow was all used up.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
man that looks like a lot of fun!

i've skied lewis morris and a couple hills out toward round valley during some bigger snow dumps. good stuff!

syadasti

Wet Rag
I also took a few runs on the hill behind the shopping center on Rt 36. That sucker had great pitch but by the time I got there the snow was all used up.

Yeah that hill is great, I've sledded there a many years ago.

don

man that looks like a lot of fun!

i've skied lewis morris and a couple hills out toward round valley during some bigger snow dumps. good stuff!

At the very least it was cool just walking in the woods with all the snow. While I'm a crappy skier, I bet it would be neat getting out on XC boards. I was thinking on the way back to the truck, I should look into making one of my old boards a split setup.

And yeah, I bet there are a bunch of hills in the northern parts of NJ that are really fun to hike and ride.

don

Yeah that hill is great, I've sledded there a many years ago.

Actually the sledding looked hairball - that hill is pretty steep especially with no ability to make turns. It was fun watching some of those kids launch the ledge lip and tear ass to the parking lot.

syadasti

Wet Rag
Actually the sledding looked hairball - that hill is pretty steep especially with no ability to make turns. It was fun watching some of those kids launch the ledge lip and tear ass to the parking lot.

We hit the west side further away from the road near the end of the parking lot. No casualties.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions