good luck norm!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
find the thread with the allamuchy results.

i've seen norm beheading chickens and then using the heads like sock puppets. he's a straaaaange guy.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
ok he's gone again.

maybe he never made it to the race. when will the results be up?

i've been lazy lately too.

Last edited:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
No shit, I was at a conference all day, away from the computer, and I come back to...nothing.:confused:

It's bad enough that I couldn't race this one myself, now I can't even hear about it.:mad:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmm, so much hubbub. Wow. After the race I went home, showered, out to eat, then home for beer. Off work today and got a bunch of things done. Real quick:

These things do not describe my race:

1. Podium
2. DFL
3. DNF

This word, however, does:

1. Cramps

I don't think I've ever not cramped at a race, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I have never cramped not at a race. I think those statements are 100% true, not just mostly.

Given that Jeff knows my real first name, that suggests the results are posted, which they are, but not for marathon.

Overall disappointed. Should have been able to get 5 laps but on the 4th lap my legs refused to cooperate. At the end of the last lap I said fuck it and stopped at the beer table instead of making it in before 1:00 to start the last lap.

At some point I'll get to collecting my thoughts and so on.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yay norm! good job buddy. getting out there and doing it is 90%. and if there was ever a reason for ending a race early, beer should be it.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
on the 4th lap my legs refused to cooperate. At the end of the last lap I said fuck it and stopped at the beer table instead of making it in before 1:00 to start the last lap.
Tough to argue with any of this.

Did you have fun? That's the bottom line, when all's said and done.

ryderX

Good work Norm, the beer table was pretty cool ! I thought they were foolin' with me when the offered some "fine" local micro brew on my first lap. Lo and behold it was "fine", so fine that I took a cup on all 3 of my laps. It was not a "glorious day in the sun" for me either. I felt good and somewhat strong, I managed to eat and drink plenty, (beer was a +), though I had NO speed yesterday. It was basically a 7 mile carbon copy of the VT 50, windy single track, with ripping down hills, drop ins, slimy algae coated rocky stream crossings, hellacious climbs and thigh destroying grass field climbs. Oh did I happen to mention the 3667' of climbing in a hair over 20 miles. I would have to add that it was definitely one of my all time favorite race courses., though I sucked an egg yesterday. Oh well, theres always 2011...

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2780572

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah it's a really cool course. I was stoked that I managed to clear that tech section with the rated R/X section on my third lap. Yes I'm stroking myself publically for that. Looking at your GPS link it makes me feel a little better about losing it on my 4th lap. I had no idea there was that much climbing. Wow. I can't imagine the VT50 being 7 of those. The field climbs were brutal hot by the end.

ChrisG,

Yes, until lap 4. On lap 2 I was feeling absolutely fantastic. But doing that 4th lap with legs that just want to lock up on any uphill at all just isn't fun. I definitely smelled the roses on my last lap.

I would say definitely be back next year if they do it. Highly recommend the course. Good riding.

Shaggz

A strong 7
OK, Joe. I need some clarification:
1 - I checked the results page, and found none for Zurawski, Joe, Joseph, Norm, or any iteration thereof. I'm with Albert on this one - you lied to your wife and were having gay sex. Not that there is anything wrong with that, OK?
2 - How many miles per lap?
3 - They had beer? Why didn't you tell me?

Well, if what you say is true, great job getting out there!

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

Damn that sounds like an awesome good time! Congrats to all on their efforts.

However I need a bit of clarification...Joe/norm/jerkface (whatever ppl call him these days), said his race was 5 laps. kris said he did 3.

What classes did you guys race? How many laps was each race?

Was it easy to manage riding and drinking beer at the same time?

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK, Joe. I need some clarification:
1 - I checked the results page, and found none for Zurawski, Joe, Joseph, Norm, or any iteration thereof. I'm with Albert on this one - you lied to your wife and were having gay sex. Not that there is anything wrong with that, OK?
2 - How many miles per lap?
3 - They had beer? Why didn't you tell me?

Well, if what you say is true, great job getting out there!

Marathon results aren't posted yet. 7 miles per lap. I had no idea about beer!

Damn that sounds like an awesome good time! Congrats to all on their efforts.

However I need a bit of clarification...Joe/norm/jerkface (whatever ppl call him these days), said his race was 5 laps. Chris said he did 3.

What classes did you guys race? How many laps was each race?

Was it easy to manage riding and drinking beer at the same time?

Please, call me dickhead. Different races. Kris did expert I did marathon, as many as you can start in 4 hours.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's another one in June out in PA somewhere. Not sure I'll be able to get there but I'd like to give is a shot.

Top Bottom