Good Friday ride @ RV

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In about 10 minutes. Having another cup of coffee before I go. Car warming up now. Nice to see it didn't dip into the 20s (yet). So it will be cold just not Frozen Nuts cold.

ArmyOfNone

Full Squish Would Be Nice

Good ride today. It was Kirt, Mike, Bob? and I. I have earned much respect for the full suspension mountain bike. It was really frustrating for me at times (especially on the climbs) to keep up with the guys. I was bouncing around all over the place and they were whistlin dixie. I think im strong enough to hang with them, but the bike wouldn't let me. On the climbs, which is the whole damn place, I would be spinning and then there would go the front wheel wherever the hell it pleased. i really was hating life at those points.

Funny to say this because i was saying yesterday how i dont think i want a FS rig and i dont need it blah blah blah. But after a day like today, I think i may want to retract that statement.

Thanks to the guys for being patient enough to wait up. I really wanted to throw my damn bike in the reservoir. I did have a good time thought. Kirt said something about riding there every friday and as long as he doesnt mind me chasing him around im in.

Aside from that I MET NORM TODAY! Some where on the big ass climb i felt the sun shining a bit brighter and it got warmer and out came this figure on a bicycle. We didn't get to chat for to long, but it was good to finally put a name to a face. He was riding with a guy on a SS...CRAZY. And from what i hear he is running some wild ass gearing too.

Dare i forget to mention that i met RocknRollGirl. She told me that all we do is hijack posts and take over everything. HA! Wait till you see what happens now!

Good times...great to meet new people! wooohooo!

Im exhausted...been up since 2pm yesterday. Time for a nap

O yea and this: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2404147

ArmyOfNone

almost 3000 feet is a lot, especially on a SS

Ha thats where you are wrong. I was on my geared hardtail. I wasnt going to torture myself like that today. I really would have held things up. However, I am planning on doing that solo soon. Why? not sure really, pain is fun i guess

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good stuff! Nice to meet you Fred. You guys didn't even include the end loop, the steepest stuff in the park! Add that loop and it's got to be another 500+ feet and a mile or 2. Of course much of that is walking but there's a nice technical bit over there. You need to pace yourself in this place.

Woody (the guy I was with) runs a 32/16, which is why he stopped halfway and let me go to the end myself and then catch back up with him. Tough to hit that park with that gearing.

Fred, even with the FS the bike occasionally goes wherever it wants.

It does look like pain but if you're in shape to not walk too much, it's actually pretty fun. I managed to clean the switchback at the end of the day which is more than I could say of last week. Last year I was walking too much to enjoy myself. Today was a lot better.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that's it. i'm going there tomorrow. i wanna ride this place. anyone in?

Wait a few weeks and I'll ride with ya. Both this weekend and next are booked for me, otherwise I would give it a 2-fer.

What's your gearing?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
32-20 or 32-18, depending on wheel choice. i'll probably run the 32-20 since i'm 'taking it easy'.

Top Bottom