Gonna try SS

JDurk

This is the only kit I'm aware of that works with an XD driver. Used 1 for a year on a back up wheel.

P.S. Zinger.jpg

Last edited:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I used a Surly spacer kit back in the day with cogs from Niner and Surly on all my non SS rear wheels.

I recently purchased a Chameleon C and looing at the chain stays you might need to put a 34t chain ring on. I dont think the clear it.

one piece crank

This is the only kit I'm aware of that works with an XD driver. Used 1 for a year on a back up wheel.

You had to post this, just after I convinced myself out of an Onyx hub :(

FrankV

I used a Surly spacer kit back in the day with cogs from Niner and Surly on all my non SS rear wheels.

I recently purchased a Chameleon C and looing at the chain stays you might need to put a 34t chain ring on. I dont think the clear it.
We will see then, anyone know what gearing I should run for Stephens if I’m a stronger rider?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I used the Zinger on my xD SS for a bit. It works as well as an adapter can. Need to use special cogs with a bunch of holes, so can't use the fancy cogs.

I can sell you mine as I don't need it right now. I think they're $75 plus shipping. I can do $60 picked up in Mahwah.

FrankV

I used the Zinger on my xD SS for a bit. It works as well as an adapter can. Need to use special cogs with a bunch of holes, so can't use the fancy cogs.

I can sell you mine as I don't need it right now. I think they're $75 plus shipping. I can do $60 picked up in Mahwah.
Appreciate the offer, either gonna but new or try to get a friend to machine it 😂

JDurk

Thinking bout making it my engineering project for this marking period, schools easy when you can make bike parts
Have a go at it then. Full disclosure, I'm a mechanical engineer for a metal fabrication company.

FrankV

Have a go at it then. Full disclosure, I'm a mechanical engineer for a metal fabrication company.
That’s actually pretty sick, definitely the job I would want after I get out of school. When I can finally get into the schools shop I’ll see what equipment we have there and see if this is feasible

FrankV

Good news, just remembered I have the 11sp Free hub body So I’ll just grab a kit from the shop today

Top Bottom