Going into Hibernation Mode

THATmanMANNY

Today gang, is a HUGE day!
CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR :2guns: what what
You probably won't see me for the next few months jk :p
My tag on xbox360 is onemanonelegend (it goes with my fixation with man this and man that). Befriend me if you want. Mtbnj clan? :hmmm:

Also, during the cold months ahead you will find me running more than biking and playing indoors where you put the ball in the hoop with the basket. However, I will bike secretly on my own and return beastified. Oh and I go boarding too.

What do you do in hibernation mode?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I ride and ride some more. No hibernation! I used to snowboard but it is hard for me to justify going on the weekends when the lines are so bad everywhere within 2 hours. I have a PS2 but have not turned it on in almost 2 years. Maybe this year I will use my trainer :hmmm:

BicyclePhD

Jamis Bicycles
Shop Keep
this year Hibernation will more than likley be Fabel 2 non online cause videogames are for getting away from human intercation WOW killed the warcraft series

and rollers in the basement

BiknBen

Hibernation? What is that? :rolleyes:

My riding begins to taper off slightly this time of year. Cold and darkness start to creep in on me. I transition to running on days that I can't ride.

I do a 10k Thanksgiving Turkey Trot in CT each year. My running is a little behind this year but it is not a priority. Riding comes first.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Picked it up during lunch. Not sure if i will get into the whole multiplayer thing like i did with COD:4.

I also picked up Gears of War 2 last week and played through on Co-Op with my cousin. Gears 2 is definitely one of the top 3 360 games i've played. I was just ok with the first one and don't like playing Gears multiplayer.

I wouldn't usually talk about playing videogames on this forum because everyone will come in and make you feel bad for not riding or exercising everywhere, all the time.

THATmanMANNY

this year Hibernation will more than likley be Fabel 2 non online cause videogames are for getting away from human intercation WOW killed the warcraft series

and rollers in the basement

You don't consider online with your buddies and chatting via the mic good hanging out/human interaction? :eek:
1) you don't waste gas driving over their house
2) they don't consume your food and drinks
3) you don't have to see their ugly faces haha :p

Mare

Can't hibernate! Racing starts in April!!

During the week I run a bit to make up for biking less :( On the weekends I bike as long as we are not in a state of emergency and everything is not ice covered. During those times, I go on long hikes. I also do more hiking in general in the winter just because I can, it's fun, and my dog won't let me think about resting.

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
No hibernation here either. I just ride in the cold.

I actually prefer riding in the cold. The trails are solid, its not crowded and to me, one of the best things is when you stop to take a breather and you hear the wind whipping through the leavless trees, totally incredible.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I actually prefer riding in the cold. The trails are solid, its not crowded and to me, one of the best things is when you stop to take a breather and you hear the wind whipping through the leavless trees, totally incredible.

+1, Riding in the cold rulz!!!!

BiknBen

I actually prefer riding in the cold.

For the longest time I prefered to ride in the winter. 34F seemed to be the magic temp. The exercise kept you just warm enough that you did not get cold or sweat. Perfect.

Now I prefer to ride in the spring and fall but the winter ride is still bearable.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
honestly, i feel like 100x more of a badass during the winter w/ a bike. cause in the spring and summer everyone and their mom has a bike rack on their car, but in the cold months it's just the cool kids!:getsome:

G

Greenman

No hibernation!!

This year I am making a conservative effort to ride as much as I can during the winter.

If not riding I will be hiking for sure. I am hoping for snow so I can break out my snowshoes. I use to snowboard during the winter, but it got to expensive for me.

Panhead

don't want interaction that is y i play games

HAHA- Thats the same reason I ride in the winter. Though I did run into Ryan H on my way out and he was on his way in. 20 miles of Waway at 15*. I'm still trying to find the right amount of clothes/gear to bring with me. Rigid s/s so no worries with the bike, had the brakes freeze up already. Cell phones up here are hit or miss, so if I get busted up drenched in sweat 10 miles out with no cell service it's all over but the :cry:.

The Kalmyk

I ride the bike and snowboard in the winter...The latter being not as common of course but I do get it in...Nothing like cold air hitting the lungs

MTBTyler

Ehhh im not too thrilled about the cold, but I dont want to stop riding. Trails would be icey and slow. Ill probally hit the road. If it does snow any and it dosnt melt, ill do a little local snowboarding.:hmmm:

Top Bottom