Going back in time....

MMuller

Riding my 1st mtn bike again.
Wasn't sure where to go to lay low this weekend given the ICE raids and all. Even though being a descendant of the Allaires, who were originally French Huguenots sympathetic to the British during the American Revolution and possibly flew out of JFK to Canada to avoid persecution after the war, I wasn't sure how far back ICE was checking so.....I decided to hide out in Allaire.

Second Life Bikes did an absolutely awesome job, above and beyond what was asked, in new cables and general tune up for my, now borrowed, 1st mtn bike I owned, a 2003 Trek Liquid 20. In trying to crawl out of my injury shell I did my 1st 5 miles at my good old former home stomping grounds. Even got turned around a couple times, on trails that I helped cut!
Anyway, still a little scary but got er done. Will see how I feel tomorrow and maybe give another whack at it in a couple days. Good memories of crazy rides with old friends though. Hasta manyana.

Allaire MTB 19.jpg

Last edited:

MMuller

This should probably be in pearl thinks blogging is dead, or Central Jersey Allaire, or Off Topic things that make smile rather than in rides, eh? Sorry. It's the painkillers.....

Top Bottom