GoFundMe for Carson's BFF

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pete, one of my closest friends from Law Enforcement, was diagnosed with ALS in December. Unfortunately, he was misdiagnosed with lumbar disc issues for 9 months and had back surgery before they landed on ALS, so he's likely already in Year #2 of this disease. He's having difficulty driving, walking, and using food utensils. He's had some nasty falls but thankfully has not hit his head. I'm seriously considering having him wear an old bicycle helmet. He is fortunate to have a great family and solid health insurance as a retired cop in NJ, but they have already had to remodel their bathroom, add an exterior ramp, and change vehicles. He will also need to add a generator to the house to power a stair chair and potentially a ventilator as he declines. He's also taking some relatively new medications in the hope to fight this as long as possible, but the insurance company isn't covering it 100%. He and I started together in Raritan Township and he finished his career in neighboring Readington Township. He lives in Riegelsville, PA now. If you would lilke to help Pete and his family, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your friend, Dave. Wishing him and his family the best during the very difficult time.

Good luck to your friend. I have had this touch my family, my brother in law has ALS. He's confined to a WC now, but keeps his spirits up. I don't know what drug trial he's on, but he's outlived his diagnosis by several years already. Tell him to keep up hope. Very tough one!

Sorry to hear about your friend Dave that really sucks after serving the public for so many years to be dealt a bad hand.

Sending prayers and positive vibes he can fight back and live comfortably. Lucky to have a friend like you.

A nice little update. I'm down with Pete in Clearwater this week. He's making good use of a portable, power wheelchair so he saves his strength for lifting drinks. $12 seats at the Tampa Bay Rays game was a good time with a walk-off 13th inning hit. Saturday we'll be at the NYY game and my employer got him a field pass during batting practice!

438821925_10226883559657464_7137697851588822354_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom