goals

anrothar

entirely thrilled
what are everyones goals with training? fast racer? pro? faster rider? less slow of a rider?

i personally want to be a fast racer, and have a secret desire to one day turn pro. thank the gods for endurance races, because if cross country and downhill were still the only options for making a carreer out of it, i would be a hair to old to be jumping into the game. i'll settle for being a consistant top five expert one day though, and a top three solo 24 and/or 100 mile racer.

heythorp

i hope one day that I will actually enjoy biking.

My main goal is to lose weight and not be a cripple when I hit 50 years old

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Right now my goal is to drop another 20+ pounds and to not drop my level of commitment in the offseason. Next year's goals are TBD.

BicyclePhD

Jamis Bicycles
Shop Keep
An offroad Single Speed 100 mile ride and to be the Earths Greatest Green Lanturn of all time.

TonyC

Goal To take my son biking on some fire roads next year.
I tried this summer on those dirt trails up by the duck pond (Ridgewood) but he's still a little to small, yet.

Goals over the winter is it to keep off the 30lbs I lost this summer.

D

DANSPANK

I want to increase me uphill conquering capabilities. In the few rides I've been on with the group of nearly always been the last one to make it up the hill - not good!

ytc100

heythorp said:
Would be quit ironic, me starting work and you stopping. Talk about a switch in riding time.

Yeah bad timing for me though. I'd rather be out of work in about 3 months so I could ski.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got laid off a few years ago and took the entire summer off. What did I do with it? Ride a lot? No, just bummed around. What a waste.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Great idea posting here. Having a goal is a great way to get you through the winter!! I have done it many times and it sure helped keep me focused. Unfortunalely, I'm a bit burned out right now, and I can't think about winter, so today my goal is To NOT have any goals, and just ride.:eek:

But I'm thinking about loosing a few pounds. Not sure if that is realistic for me, as I don't do diets well. I have no will power and chocolate ice cream just slides down way too easy, and wine with dinner? I'm loosing steam already. :rolleyes:

OK, my goal: loose the belly

pixy

cem

Ftw

September & October is some of the best riding weather...
...ytc100, will I see you monday morning?

forgot won't be back to work til wednesday

Last edited:

ytc100

cem said:
September & October is some of the best riding weather...
...ytc100, will I see you monday morning?

forgot won't be back to work til wednesday

The fall is great for riding. Cool weather is nice and the woods seem quieter. Leaves can be a challenge.

cem: Looks like we still work together so I'll see you wed. :) Wasn't sure for a day or so there but it seems to be working out for now. Enjoy your 2 days off.

Top Bottom