goals

cem

ytc100 said:
cem: Looks like we still work together so I'll see you wed. :) Wasn't sure for a day or so there but it seems to be working out for now. Enjoy your 2 days off.

good to hear. see ya weds

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my goal this year was to ride 100 miles a month. seems pretty easy but with two year old identical twin girls that are off the wall, not so. i came pretty close though so i'm happy about that...only missed two months so far. i've already ridden 400 miles more than last year. the other goal i have, which is new, is to be able to clear all the tough hills on the SS. hopefully the next few months in the gym will help with that...and keep me in the lower levels of the clyde class.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
great, attatch it to the back of your bike with the kids in it, and tow it around for an hour or so a day. you'll destroy all of us come spring:D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anrothar said:
great, attatch it to the back of your bike with the kids in it, and tow it around for an hour or so a day. you'll destroy all of us come spring:D

i need one of those things! i plan on borrowing one this fall and taking the kids on some rides on the rail trails.

xc62701

anrothar said:
what are everyones goals with training? fast racer? pro? faster rider? less slow of a rider?

i personally want to be a fast racer, and have a secret desire to one day turn pro. thank the gods for endurance races, because if cross country and downhill were still the only options for making a carreer out of it, i would be a hair to old to be jumping into the game. i'll settle for being a consistant top five expert one day though, and a top three solo 24 and/or 100 mile racer.

My goals are quite extensive I guess.

- Finish in the top 5 overall in Expert next season
- Finish in the top 3 of a solo 24 hour event
- Complete a 100 mile mtb race.
- Try road racing
- Try a cross race

I'm sure there's more....

Ryan H.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
2007 goals

2006 was a pretty bad year for me, riding-wise. The only race I did was on the road, in early March, and then all hell broke loose with injury and illness. I got back to riding regularly, but never made it to a race. I usually get in 12-15 races a year, mixed between road and mtb. The past few years have been weighted toward the road, but I've had a real rebirth in the woods this year, mostly due to the wonders of single speeding. So maybe I'll put some 2007 goals up here, and someone can bust my balls if I start slacking.:)

In no particular order:
*Race the single speed. This is the priority goal, if I was to pick one. 95%+ of my woods riding this year has been on this bike. Time to put on a number and have some fun.

*Ride a wider variety of places. I need to get in more rides at Allamuchy, Lewis Morris, KVSP, Round Valley, and other northern territories. Living south of the bridge doesn't get me up there as often as I'd like.

*Endurance races. Did the Allamuchy 24 hours four years in a row in the late 90's, team and solo. Need to get back to that brand of fun again. Deer Park and All-A-Muchy as well.

*A couple of road races a month, especially in the early season. Nothing is better for jacking up your race fitness.

*Pedrosfest. The one event guaranteed to be on the calendar, no matter what else I end up doing.

*Have a good time, all the time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ChrisG said:
*A couple of road races a month, especially in the early season. Nothing is better for jacking up your race fitness.

What road races are you doing? I'm interested in looking to use some road races for training runs.

Hope to see you out at some of the northern rides.

Top Bottom