Goals in 2008?

Molasses

I posted a similar question last year and I hit some goals and completely, totally, missed others. Overall, 2007 was a GREAT year in the Kane household...

My daughter became a BIG SISTER to my son Matthew! (Okay not bike related but come'on that was huge!!!) :D
I finally, finally made it out to Gooseberry Mesa and had a blast!
Brought my daughter back a gooseberry (at least I think it was a gooseberry... :hmmm:)
Built up my dreambike... and my wife didn't kill me :cool:

now for 2008...
want to lose 25 pounds (happy to report I am down 16 pounds to date)
sneak in a bike trip this year (3 days in Moab? :rolleyes:)
find a way get in saddle time while being a good family guy
step up to do some trail maintenance

Anyone else willing to share?

don

- Get at least 1 riding day during the week - now that I have a little more time. Try to keep the weekend session as frequent as possible
- Loose weight - but hopefully that comes just from riding more - 10lbs would be nice
- Do as many trail mantenance days as I can
- Use the SS roadie bike more for trips around town instead of my car
- Get the stable of bikes working as well as possible - sell any extra parts and items I don't need
- Get the dirt jump spot dialed
- Finish up the backyard ramp and pumptrack
- Ride with my kids as much as I can
- Get some riding in out of state in VT, MA and maybe NH.
- Check out Highbridge and a DJ spot in LI

xc62701

I guess I have a few.

Complete 4 of the 100 miler series
Lose 10 lbs - hone the diet
Get more disciplined in training
Figure out how to not injure myself in early season training
Ride in a few new states (TN and OH are already scheduled)
I'm sure there's more...

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
- become a dad (any day now!!!)
- ride at least once a week (but i'm giving myself some time, after first 100 baby days i'll start this one)
- (off topic) surf better
- take the DJ bike out more to get decent at jumping, because right now i totally suck - i'm with don - check out highbridge
- (off topic) get my bouldering back up a bit, so i can pull at least a V5 (upper body workouts do help with the bike handling).
- maybe build up an SS again - this time a 29er... not sure on this one
- take one out of state ride trip to do an IMBA epic. i was thinking kingdom trails in the early fall...
- do as many TMs as time allows - just to get more involved than i have been in the past.

Nimrod

2008 = Ride allot, and do "Well" in the Dark Horse 40, 24 hours of Mooch, and the VT50:D

Everything else (getting punished often in the Expert H2H bracket, will be a lesson in humility) is just training

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Destroy as many cheese wedges as possible, make KenS puke on a ride, slip into a pair of BMX tight jeans.

Spartacus

WTG MO!

Did some Kewl shtuff.

2008 has me
Running 2 marathons
As many 5Ks as I can
Hit a few MTB races
Ride Rocky point trail in under 1hr 25min
a Grand Slam
Do as many Orginized road rides as Possible
Maybe a few Road races
Support my daughter in Baton twirling (this means a lot to me. She is going to Ireland for the world cup)
Sell my business and open a cycle shop.

Molasses

One other goal....

Ride and MEET many of you! Being a relatively new Dad I end up riding alone most of the time but I hope to change that and meet up for more group rides.

Maybe a "support group" for new parents... aka: riding at the @ss crack of dawn!!!!!!!:drooling:

Shaggz

A strong 7
Ride and MEET many of you! Being a relatively new Dad I end up riding alone most of the time but I hope to change that and meet up for more group rides.

Maybe a "support group" for new parents... aka: riding at the @ss crack of dawn!!!!!!!:drooling:
i'm with you on this, Mo!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd

How about a support group for parents, period? The little critters will consume as much of your time and energy as you let them, whether they're 15 months old or 15 years old.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
-more overnight+ camping rides.
-ride colorado
-ride utah(moab, hurricane, gooseberry)
-ride the super techy trails near phoenix, az
-see the grand canyon
-see/ride the canadian rockies
-live elsewhere
-make a living off my artwork again
-own land

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
race
ride at least 3 days a week
go on longer rides
ride the road bike more so I can justify buying a new one
make more money
hone my skatepark riding on the bmx
go on lots of trips
save more money

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Good stuff here.

fft - the only way you will make me puke on a ride is with your stank :D
Sparty - 1:25 is smokin fast!

My goals:
- Have a baby, support the fam
- weigh less
- ride faster
- smile (cheer up emo kid)
- build a cheese wedge in point beach

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i have alot of the same goals as the rest of you guys...except become a father...good luck to you all on reaching your goals...mine are
lose a bit of weight im 235 its heavey to carry around...but im not a fdat ass...move along/learn more with my job...become a much better rider i see improvment every time out...uh...not become a father...thats all for now my goals come and go pending upon issues i come across...dont sweat the small stuff and except people for who they are you cant do anything about it so deal with it or miss out on people...just because they bite there fork or there lips make a poppin sound as they chew...i hate alot of things but the ones you cant do anything about you deal with....what a mini rant felt good...

f2f4

- Ride at least 500 miles while deployed (already on track with this one)
- Start up a base recycling program while deployed (already working on this one)
- Pay off all dept while deployed (done)
- Continue working on some of my Trance mixes (working on it... slowly)

When I get back to the states:
- Go on a month-long backpacking and biking roadtrip to CO, UT, CA, and NM with my best friend.
- Do AT LEAST 30 hours of trail maint. with ATUG, IMBA, Six Mile, or any other groups I can find (just like last year). Prolly gonna be way more than 30 hours...
- Join BBBS and mentor a kid in need (maybe some MTBing too)
- Become National Mountain Bike Patrol certified, and participate in events and such
- Begin some more investments & kick up the IRA a notch.
- Ride even more at cooler places (is that even possible??!?), and not suck so badly at surfing (lol)
- Start racing (maybe if I'm good?)
- Start saving for that oh-so-sexy Plane I want (only half-a-million!) :p
- Go to Diablo once a week and get good at DH
- Gain a bit of weight (I'm 5'11 and 155 lbs)

Last year was good, but this one will be much better. I would put more down but I am only 19 and have to think realistically. :)

Last edited:

Spartacus

The little critters will consume as much of your time and energy as you let them, whether they're 15 months old or 15 years old.
15 is the Cut off.

Your kidding

Mine is 20 and in college and still consuming my time...........energy..........and money. Then when and if she ever gets married...............UGH !
Then again she deserves it. She is now living one of her dreams. She is competing in the world cup in Ireland for Baton.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
15 is the Cut off.

Your kidding

Mine is 20 and in college and still consuming my time...........energy..........and money. Then when and if she ever gets married...............UGH !
Then again she deserves it. She is now living one of her dreams. She is competing in the world cup in Ireland for Baton.

No doubt it goes beyond...that is just where I'm at right now...

Eileen

Do the H2H Series in sport class
Race at Windham and Mt Snow
Do 5 laps solo at 24 Hours of Allamuchy
Raise a bunch of money for the MS Tour 100 in September
Get involved and do some trail maintenance
Help the bike patrol at as many events as I can
Finish all of my ski patrol training
Get a full time teaching job

My first year of racing was a lot of fun - this year is gonna be great :D

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
One of my goals is to knock up my wife also. We've been trying to spawn a little bike riding demon child for a couple of years now. Can't wait to be able to pull a trailer with a kid in tow.:p

Top Bottom