Goals in 2008?

-Have as much fun in '08 as I did in '07.
-Do more riding with Bob W at mooch
-Ride at all the parks that JORBA stewards
-grow hair again
-get younger
:rofl:
at least I can do the first 3.:eek:

Mine are on page 1 of my blog, but I think they were:

-Do four races; kvsp, lm, darkhorse and 24hoa
-ride more
-drop 20 more pounds
-ride nothing but a single speed in '08. I sold my fuel to make sure I stuck to that this one.
-Edit: since I'm 5 minutes from mooch I'd like to ride there A LOT more

Other than that, I dunno, add a few more tats, go to disney and have tea with my little girls in cinderella's castle and take a real vacation with just my wife. That's the clif notes version of the non-bike stuff.

Last edited:
Good stuff all.. I hope that it all comes true.

for me more riding would be high on the list.
then I would really like just to go on a vacation anywhere its warm..
I might even take my wife :)
and not work as many hours...thats about it simple stuf for a simple mind.
oh and end world hunger....

For me 08 looks like its going to be a wash. Right now my main concern is to get healthy as soon as possible and get back to work and more importantly get back on the bikes. For now its going to be a slow and hopefully steady recovery. Looks like I will be bumping all of my 08 goals over to 09, hopefully.

Arthroscopic surgery for me on St. Patty's Day, back in the sling for a few weeks, then back into therapy. I'll be the guy on the side, cheering all you good people on.

Yeah it is all good stuff.

Many dreams and goals

My suggestion would be to............ ride......................ride............ride and Goals will be fulfilled.

best of luck to all

-Learn my way around Ringwood
-Ride 3 days per week
-Take a western spirit trip
-Finally do some trail maintenance - what a leach I've been
-Ride some out of state locations - Kingdom Trails, Pisgah if I can talk myself into the drive, Prompton, Fell

Arthroscopic surgery for me on St. Patty's Day, back in the sling for a few weeks, then back into therapy. I'll be the guy on the side, cheering all you good people on.

Dude sorry to hear bout this I have had orthopedic stuff done and know how much of a pain it can be.
best of luck for a speedy recovery

Which Tour were you thinking?

-Ride 3 days per week
-Ride some out of state locations - Kingdom Trails, Pisgah if I can talk myself into the drive, Prompton, Fell

The gooseberry Tour was great- if Moab doesn't work out two are on my short list Maah Dah Hey and Sonoran Desert in Oct. However, flying into Bismark for the Maah Dah Hey is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

what program(s) do you use?
The usual. Audacity, FL, ZynAddSubFX, and a few other waveform editors not worth mentioning.
Thinking of throwing in Torq or an equivalent, but I'm not committed yet.

When I get back, I'm buying some new audio gear more than likely. That'll be a few more grand... on top of the few grand for bikes... and the few grand for the backpacking trip.... I hate being 19.

*tears hair out*

Last edited:
-Ride 3 days per week
hi brad, welcome to the site. check out the offerings from hermosa tours. they offer a 15% discount to mtbnj members, and it looks like we are honing in on a zion/goosebeery group trip in mid october: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4730

A brief artist's rendition of what went down after I saw the Hemerosa Tour info

I saw the website! :rolleyes:
I rembered my last visit to SW Utah :drooling:
I just got a nice bonus so my wife maaaay understand... :hmmm:

My wife's "initial" reaction to the idea :rofl:

My wife's second reaction after she realized I was serious :mad2:

The look I just got when I tried to give a kiss (olive branch) :getsome:

Me :(

That's why you have to let the wife spend large amounts of $ on stupid things once in a while without saying anything.

I like to consider them markers ;)

I guess I got lucky...

My wife never says *anything* when I spend money on toys; 'guess she figures I deserve it and knows I wouldn't spend it if we couldn't afford it.

Well, when I bought a race car in the late 90's she got a little pissy, even though I asked her first:hmmm: I can assure you that had nothing to do with the money. As far a bike stuff goes, the worse I've ever gotten was a roll of the eyes 'cause I have terminal UGI and there have been times the brown truck was visiting almost daily :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom