Gloves?

D

DANSPANK

Does anyone have any good recommendations for lightweight gloves with palm padding - padding around the base of the fingers where I typically get calluses? I've been through a few pairs and still get sores, especially if the trail has a lot of uphills where I need to pull on the grips to get the front wheel up.

Thanks muchly!

Daniel.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
try thicker grips. i get really bad callousces whenever i use thin grips. fox gloves also give me callouses and blisters every time i use them. for full finger gloves, axo's work best for me. i have grown to prefer half finger gloves though. the salsas worked for me and are currently in use as spares. beware they run big though. my favorites are actually made by avenir. they are the ones i almost always ride in right now. lycra back, lots of terry on the thumb, lots of padding on the palms for those long rides.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I have been using fox full finger gloves, the digits, me thinks. they don't have a lot of padding, but I don't get calluses either. I tried a pair of louis garneau full fingers and as having similar issues as you described, and went back to the fox.

walter

Fourth Party
Hey Sean, do you know anywhere that still carries the axo gloves?? I love mine but cant find anyone who has them, and someone said that once 661 bought axo, or took over, or whatever they did, the gloves arent the same.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
that's entirely possible. i haven't had a pair of them since a short time after 661 got a hold of them.

D

DANSPANK

I'm using 661 gloves now, a summer glove, but am still getting the calluses.

Spylab

I use Fox Digits without a problem.

For AXO gloves you will have to scour the web. 661 took over AXO and turned those gloves into Wal-Mart quality.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
these got great reviews. they are the sixsixone raji glove.

6331-00.jpg

edit: dan, i don't think these are summer specific.

D

DANSPANK

My ones are just like that but with a white mesh on top. I can't think of the name right now. They keep my hands cool but only have limited protection across the top section of the palm.

I've read a lot about Mechanix gloves. Anyone have any experience?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i think it really depends on your hand type. being serious here. i have large hands, but long skinny fingers. fox gloves tear me up. i generally prefer roadie type gloves with a stretchy lycra back on them. they tend to hug the palm more, which prevents loose spots, which cause callouses and blisters.

J-Dro

i think it really depends on your hand type. being serious here. i have large hands, but long skinny fingers. fox gloves tear me up. i generally prefer roadie type gloves with a stretchy lycra back on them. they tend to hug the palm more, which prevents loose spots, which cause callouses and blisters.

Fox gloves fit me perfect. I just put 'em on and forget they are there... the sure sign that they are doing their job.

D

DANSPANK

I think it's my lady-soft palms. I'm going to start dragging them down the road to toughen them up a bit.

Rosy will become a bit rough but that could be a good thing...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
I think it's my lady-soft palms. I'm going to start dragging them down the road to toughen them up a bit.

Rosy will become a bit rough but that could be a good thing...

might have trouble explaining the scabs to real women. :hmmm:

D

DANSPANK

Cool, thanks chaps. I will crack open the wallet and spend some wonga...

Top Bottom