Gloves that are grippy but wearable in horrible humidity?

phillychris498

Need glove recommendations. Does the perfect glove exist? Will it fit? Please don’t acquit, but please recommend your favorite gloves.

I love my HandUp gloves. The grip on the hand have worn away a little, but they are pretty thin and protect my hands when I go OTB.

Giro dnd has been my go to for awhile. I rode in wicked humidity today, did not notice any issues with the gloves.

I hate gloves that said I wear any cheap ones with fingers cut off. The better question sounds like which grips should I have. I would like to hear best gloveless grips for wet/humid conditions.

For sweaty, hot days, properly fitting gloves are key. Any bigger, they’ll get stretched out when soaked and slip around. Fox Rangers here as well, probably 6-7yrs old.

I currently have a pair of oakley gloves not sure which o as but I'm happy with them.

Before I had a nice pair of bontrager gloves, unfortunately they don't make those anymore

I hate gloves that said I wear any cheap ones with fingers cut off. The better question sounds like which grips should I have. I would like to hear best gloveless grips for wet/humid conditions.
I have good gloveless grip with Lizard Skins Northshores but I always end up ripping my hand on briars or some other over growth

Not a hard buy...pretty much everyone makes at least one unpadded, mesh back glove for summer riding.

Brand/sizing is super important, though; if the fingers are just a bit too short, but the rest of the glove fits well, you'll get numb finger tips/have to shake out occasionally.

The other night, I got to Green Lane for a ride and realized I forgot my gloves at home. I use silicone grips, so I didn't want to risk slipping if I went gloveless. All I had in the back of my car was a pair of EMS silk glove liners for cold weather. So I just wore those. They worked perfectly! No slip on the silicone and they weren't overly hot. GL is a very rocky, tech trail with a lot of areas where you bounce around, but I had no issues at all.

Usually, I use Pearl Izumi, Specialized or Bontrager gloves. Giro gloves are comfortable but they've always dyed my hands when I sweat and it's a PIA to scrub the dye off.

I wear gorilla grip gloves from home depot. Super cheap but grip even in the hardest rain and sweat. I know they arent "riding gloves" but they are fantastic.

I have a pair of Troy Lee gloves.
I bought them only because they’re orange.
I also have Supacaz lock on grips. No idea which ones they are, but they’re also orange.
I’ve never slipped off.

I'd been totally dedicated to Fox Sidewinders, wore them through probably four different generations, and then they morphed into the Dirtpaw, which I still wear sometimes.

My glove of choice for the last 4 years or so has been the Fly Racing F-16. They're a little more "constructed" than the Fox gloves, using a broader variety of materials. They also fit my hands better than the latest Fox offerings.

I tried Handup's gloves, and wanted very much to like them, but the single-layer palm is no-go for me in the woods. I ended up using them to race cross.

Back
Top Bottom