Glomby Gravel Grinder

WickedSistahEast

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2020 AT 8 AM
We will be meeting at River Road Park in Bedminster, NJ.
The route will be covering all of the usual gravel.
70 miles/5k-ish elevation, overall average pace is 12-14 mph.
I am not sure if there will be open stores since it is a Sunday, but there is a water spout at mile 40.
Don't forget your masks for the store.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2020 AT 8 AM
We will be meeting at River Road Park in Bedminster, NJ.
The route will be covering all of the usual gravel.
70 miles/5k-ish elevation, overall average pace is 14 mph.
I am not sure if there will be open stores since it is a Sunday, but we should be able to find some gas station or DD if needed.
Don't forget your masks for the store.

I can map out some stop areas if you need.

WickedSistahEast

I can map out some stop areas if you need.
The water spout at the Black River General Store is a good refill stop. We will pass it early, and then again at mile 40, which worked out perfectly with 2-3 bottles. If you have one other one for backup, that would be great!

WickedSistahEast

I might try and make this.
How much of the 70 miles is on dirt?.
No dirt ;). Gravel, with ripples on the usual sections, some newly laid down gravel as well that require picking your lines on a gravel bike. I think 60% gravel is a fair number.... There will be be gravel descents, climbs, and straight away. Same with road. There will be a long, fast and steep road descent with a hairpin turn that will need to be taken seriously as there is oncoming traffic that you cannot see. It was an eye opener for me for sure, and that was with me being on my brakes. There will be a short part that we will have to ride on a busy road, but it has a good shoulder.

Mare

@trener1 I am pretty sure this is how they determined the percentage

lottery.jpg

Last edited:

Mare

@mwlikesbikes bling bling!! Add this to show off to goats, foxes, and cows. This is the land of cows, remember? And we are all still strangers. These strangers just get your obsession, while strangers by you just want to go to the mall for Clinique bonus time.

bling bling.jpg

Top Bottom