Global Fat Bike Day 2019

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
December 7th, 2019 is Global Fat Bike Day!! Join me for a mixed terrain adventure that will showcase the capabilities of these bicycles.

What? A 35-Mile route from my hometown of Cliffwood Beach out to the Quick Stop in Leonardo and back. Yes, that's where they filmed Clerks.

Expect about 60% beach and random marsh land, a little road, and some Henry Hudson Trail.

Ride will be pretty casual with around 3 hours of moving time, maybe 4 all in.

Leaving Cliffwood Beach at 10am to get the most low tide possible.

IMG_20191110_155243_302.jpg
IMG_20191110_155243_297.jpg
IMG_20191102_154653_618.jpg
20191110_112249.jpg

serviceguy

There will be the option to ride on the Henry Hudson if you wanted to try to link back up when we pop off the beach.
I did ride on a beach shortly with 1.9"
There will be the option to ride on the Henry Hudson if you wanted to try to link back up when we pop off the beach.
do you have any fat bike I could demo by any chance? From your description I wouldn’t think so, but are there any steep climbs or technical terrain on this route? I know I can do 35+ miles on gently hilly terrain...

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I did ride on a beach shortly with 1.9"

do you have any fat bike I could demo by any chance? From your description I wouldn’t think so, but are there any steep climbs or technical terrain on this route? I know I can do 35+ miles on gently hilly terrain...
I'm from the area, it will be gently hilly terrain mixed with sand and rocks. I'm guessing but I'm probably correct

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
There's no climbing as we'll be on a rail trail and on the beach. The beach does feel like climbing though.

Top Bottom