Glen Park Stroudsburg, PA

Over the Bars

Went here today conditions were fine. But I some how manage to forget how much the climb sucks until I'm here again you deffinitly earn your downhill runs.

mtn

Well this place is confusing. Pretty sure I trespassed trying to climb up to the powerlines. Idk. Lots of dirtbike tracks.
Fun downhills which you really should go slow on before committing. Lots of big features.
Also after my 5 year hiatus from biking, I finally just sent the top wooden drop at the maze after about 20 run ups.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Runs pretty well even with a lil snow lol
image0000001.jpg

DanBrodeen

Those features look soooo tame on video lol. I like some of those line choices, very different than how I've hit it.
100% video doesn't do it justice. I've ridden past the high speed doubles (climb trail crosses in between them) hundreds of times and finally hit them on that day. We are doing a big ride on 12/30 at 11:30 if anyone is interested. @Ryan.P everyone I was with couldn't 1. you did head case drop 2. You did it in the snow!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
100% video doesn't do it justice. I've ridden past the high speed doubles (climb trail crosses in between them) hundreds of times and finally hit them on that day. We are doing a big ride on 12/30 at 11:30 if anyone is interested. @Ryan.P everyone I was with couldn't 1. you did head case drop 2. You did it in the snow!
Good to know it has a name we named it death drop lol. Dang I'm working 12-30 would love a proper rip

mtn

What’s the drop at the bottom by the creek called? The one that had tape across it during ESC?

krink

Eddie Munster
Just went to Glen park for the first time today. Great trails. Especially the new pump track area. Freeze thaw made it sloppy by the end so we bailed when it got sunny.

One thing we saw, there seems to be a homeless encampment on the other side of Brodhead creek. Had to be at least 8 tents with furniture, fires and supplies and tarps. Anyone have any run ins?

Over the Bars

Just went to Glen park for the first time today. Great trails. Especially the new pump track area. Freeze thaw made it sloppy by the end so we bailed when it got sunny.

One thing we saw, there seems to be a homeless encampment on the other side of Brodhead creek. Had to be at least 8 tents with furniture, fires and supplies and tarps. Anyone have any run ins?
Place is fun I'm so close yet don't go nearly enough. It's not just the otheraide of the river they camp right at one of the major trail junctions as well. Ran into a few before but never has any issues

02camaro

there are also tents etc on the side with the trails. the homeless population has increased significantly in the park the past few years. as for run ins, personally i havent had any negative face to face encounters. but people in my riding group as well as others have had their vehicles broken into and credit cards used right down the street. cannot confirm it was the homeless population........ but police were notified. ive also run into a primative "outhouse" area not far off a trail and seen people that appeared part of the population visably intoxicated.

also be aware of rifle hunting season in PA, though it ends today. i absent mindingly forgot about it last week and was caught in the thick of a drunk hunters expletive's.

iLuveketchup

Is parking restricted on Collins St.? There seems to be a lot of parking (if allowed) if you were to continue to drive straight instead of making a right to the parking lot.
1684349898298.png

Top Bottom