Give Tim Information About Bike Stuff Thread (formerly What tires should i buy?)

Its a giant talon hard tail. Can fit up to 2.4 depending on the tire (so they say). I think its 21mm internal rim width and already running tubeless.

I don't have Ikons but they seem spot on for your conditions. What you looking to get out of chunkier tires?

Maxxis Forkaster are the way to go.

I have been thinking of getting a set of Forekasters for my trail bike. Do you ride them in rockier parks like Chimney Rock or anywhere up north? Do they hold up to that kind of riding?

I rideMaxxis Aspens TR EXo everywhere. They finally came out with a bullet proof, top of the line rocket ship of a tire. Oh, and I frequent Huber n Hartshorne weekly. This is perhaps the best tire in the universe...and it's light. I have racaed with these from Stokesville, va(Shenandoah 100) to Port Jervis,NY(Erie 80)with zero failsand zero complaints. I use them at Chimney Rock as well.

New bike will be this time next year. I want to get some time and experience jnder my belt to justify the expense.

I just figure the ikons are stock, so probably the most budget version. I feel a bit slippery out there, but a good bit of that is probably my inexperienced technique. I dunno. Maybe I'll just wear out the ikons, then switch it up.

I rideMaxxis Aspens TR EXo everywhere. They finally came out with a bullet proof, top of the line rocket ship of a tire. Oh, and I frequent Huber n Hartshorne weekly. This is perhaps the best tire in the universe...and it's light. I have racaed with these from Stokesville, va(Shenandoah 100) to Port Jervis,NY(Erie 80)with zero failsand zero complaints. I use them at Chimney Rock as well.
Ooh. I was expecting them to be like 90 bucks but I see them for just over 50 on competitive cyclist. Thanks.

I also like Aspens but surprised you'd ride them at CR, they seem way to fragile to handle rocks. But maybe I coddle them too much like my kids.

I guess this super deal on the NN are a no go.
It's also their old compound, I recently got rid of a pair otherwise could have loaned it to you to try
If you want to try something with more nobbys I might have something you can try out

Back
Top Bottom