Girls SS Stewart Pre-ride

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Sorry I can't make it... I'm doing this little race called the Boston Marathon on Monday 4/19 and can't afford to take a stupid tumble 4 days prior.

I'll be ready to rip it up with you girls after the race (just not the next day, maybe not even the day after that....lol)

Have fun and be safe!!!
TC

Wow, good luck TC, show em' how it's done up in Boston!

See ya Thursday Ellen,
:)

pedals

I'll be coming with bike shop Megan--I actually went there yesterday. Too bad the trails aren't marked yet. It wasn't easy to follow the map, but hopefully I'll remember some. The course is fun to ride, but I realized how not ready I am for that distance... The stronger folks out there will LOVE it though... Will we meet in the Weed Rd. lot ??

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Anyone welcome to tag along, guys too. Yes, meet at Weed Rd lot off 207. Looking forward to it. :)

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
looks like I might be taggin along, if y'all dont mind. would like to get another ride in up there, and time is short so I gotta take it where I can get it.
Will be traveling with Pedals if Im definitely in. looking forward to it :)

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Confused ...

Anyone welcome to tag along, guys too. Yes, meet at Weed Rd lot off 207. Looking forward to it. :)

Hey Pix, where is the Weed Rd. lot off 207? Would that also be the D.E.C/New Rd. parking lot off Rt. 207?

Confused ... :hmmm:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
RC!!!! You're gonna be there too?!! You're all killing me.
I have this little race at South Mountain tomorrow night and can't decide if I should do a daytime recovery ride and get there all fresh or screw it and have some fun and show up at the race pasted with dirt and sweat.:hmmm:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
RC!!!! You're gonna be there too?!! You're all killing me.
I have this little race at South Mountain tomorrow night and can't decide if I should do a daytime recovery ride and get there all fresh or screw it and have some fun and show up at the race pasted with dirt and sweat.:hmmm:
Cyclopath! You must come to Stewart!

\
I think it is the same one. ...where we go in for the race.
That's what I thought Ellen, the DEC Parking lot is off Rt 207 and is where we enter for the races,

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Cyclopath! You must come to Stewart!

:cry:RC!:cry:

I had about three hours sleep last night, woke with a scratchy throat and I have a race tonight. Coming out to play would be supremely stupid. I am so disappointed! I'm going back to bed.

I don't get this, last night I took a vitamin C tab for the first time in YEARS and today I have a sore throat?!! UGH!!

maddawg

Course is marked as of this am.
George was out putting up arrows at dawn! you guys should have no issue finding your way around.

have fun!!!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Course is marked as of this am.
George was out putting up arrows at dawn! you guys should have no issue finding your way around.

have fun!!!

THANK YOU George and Mike. You sure do please! It was fantastic out there today. The course is very SS friendly:D!

pedals

It was a very pleasant surprise to have the course marked.. Thanks so much, guys. Thank you too, Pixie for getting this together. It was great to meet all of you. What a great day !!

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
I would like to thank all the ladies for a super cool ride today and thanks to Jess for all for the very helpful and professional tips and tricks, which are worth more than their weight in gold.
This was my first "Ladies only" ride and it was completely different than most of my rides which are all guys... I had an extreme amount of fun.
... and thank you so much Patty for bringing me along. and thanks guys for marking the course, and having this event!
I cant wait for the race..... Im gonna drink so much beer Ill get sick! :getsome:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Post Pre-ride Report

THANK YOU George and Mike. You sure do please! It was fantastic out there today. The course is very SS friendly:D!

Ditto! You could have not asked for a better day at Stewart! One of the best MTB days I have had in a long time. Weather was warm and sunny, the group we had was a blast to ride with. Getting to ride with NJ Jess
is a pleasure since she is full of helpful riding technics. Thanks again to Pixy for putting it together. On the way home I stopped at Darkhorse to thank George and Mike. The course is very well marked and laid out very well. It has 800 verticle feet of climbing per 12.5 miles per lap. The New Rd. climb tops out at 20% which IMO will be a tough climb at the start of the race before heading into Major Mike.
This Tuesday I'll be going back to Stewart with some guys from Bike Depot shop if anyone would like to ride with us,

RC ...

LeTigre

Just want to say thanks again for the great ride yesterday. Special thanks to NJ Jess and Pixychick and to Darkhorse for putting up the arrows, they helped a lot.

See everyone in 9 days!!!

NJ Jess

new adventures

Really nice to meet and ride with everyone too! I didn't ride much last year due to lymes, so it was wonderful to do the All Girl Day Ride thing again. (including stag support from Sean, he's great a fixing flats! ) Hope everyone continues on their biking journeys this year. See ya on the trails.

Top Bottom