Girl Ride Wish List

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Since the last thread derailed into a family hiking thread, I'll start again.

Post up here if you are looking to join a girl ride at a particular park and what level. Also post up if you can lead a girl ride at any particular park and what level you would like to lead.

Leaders we have so far:

Mare45 : Clayton, Hartshorne, Lewis Morris, Chimney Rock, Kittatinny

Chemgirl : Round Valley

jenny boots : Chimney Rock

Kmoodymz3 : Huber, Harthshorne, Allaire

pixychick : Ringwood, Skyline, Wawayanda, Blue (intermediate, advanced or beginner by request)

rocknrollgirl : Round Valley, Allaire, Clayton, Hartshorne, Huber

:):):)

Last edited:
V

vtalum2001

Do any of you girls ever ride on weekends? I'd like to go do an intermediate/slower paced ride at Allamuchy sometimes during a weekend. Its impossible for me to get to a ride during the weekdays. I'd be in for any other place that's got some rocky/technical terrain.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I can lead at Jungle Habitat or Lewis Morris beginner/intermed.

Skyline, Ringwood, Waywayanda, I can co-lead or sweep beginner.

Mostly available weekdays 9-3.

Sunday a.m. co-ed beginner/intermediate in or around Ringwood will continue:)
...I'll keep you posted

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
deer park

I always look here for my wife for a beginers ride at deer park or stephens, but never see any. Is there any women in this area? My wife's got very good bike skills just not up to speed with heart and lungs. 2 young children does not allow us to get out and ride together so she really needs a riding partner if someone could lead a ride at deer park I'll get her out there.

S

Shar0se

I'd like to go on a ride-- I am already familiar with Lewis Morris and Allaire so I'd love to check out another park. I'm not a beginner anymore and although I'm in good shape (meaning I could ride for a while) I'd say I'm intermediate on my skill level.

Thanks for organizing all this pixy! :)

V

vtalum2001

I've been watching the girls posts on this board and have been wanting to join a regular ride to not only have fun but more importantly to learn from you girls. However i have not been very successful in joining one, still (mostly my own fault probably). Like i said previously i am mostly interested in riding on weekends since getting out to trails during the week after work is impossible for me.

I wouldn't say i am a beginner - i can do technical rock guardens, descents etc however climbing hills, especially rocky climbs are my weaknesses. I run regularily so i can sustain and keep going for a while however when there is a burst of energy required to climb up a steep hill thats when i usually get burned out and often times need recovery time.

With all that said, i'd like to ride this weekend, weather permitting on saturday if possible. I am trying to coordinate with another girl to see if a ride on saturday would work. I'm interested in either ringwood, or waywayanda or Mahlon Dickerson.

On the other hand, thanks for organizing these rides and all the volunteers. When you guys have something planned let me know and i'll do my best to join the weekend rides.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have never ridden Kittatiny (except the race), Wayway, Blue, Ringwood, Jungle Habitat......pretty much anywhere north. I have only seen about one mile of 6mile also. So count me in on any of those rides. Intermediate plus, but would probably show up for a beginner ride for the tour. Preferably weekends.

Mare

This weekend doesn't look promising in terms of weather. Come mid-November, I have more flexibility, so I will post some rides shorlty that I will lead.

Gerilynn

Keep me posted on any weekend rides! I'm familiar with the race courses at Ringwood, LM, Kittatiny, JH & WayWayanda if anyone needed help leading rides.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Lets keep an eye on the weather this weekend. I can probably lead something up north like Ringwood on Saturday, if we are spared the rain.

V

vtalum2001

Cool - I am definitely looking to ride this weekend. So whenever wherever, i am game. So long the weather holds out.

I am excited now! :D

Thanks for offering to lead the ride!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Sunday 9/26/08 8am sharp lot C Ringwood(cause it's not gonna rain enough to keep us away).

OK ladies, it's official.
I'm co-leading a Ride in Ringwood with my buddy, Tony from Pedal Sports in Oakland. Like last week, it will be a No-Drop Beginner/Intermediate ride. We will wait at intersections, we'll offer pointers and we'll allow time to re-do rocks, logsticles etc. if desired. We'll be offering these Sunday a.m. group rides regularly. Right now, in Ringwood with the possibility of venturing to Skyline, JH, Waywayanda in later weeks.

We'll roll out promptly at 8am and be back in the lot by 10:15.
Obviously, since I have a guy co-leading it's not an all girl's ride, but don't be put off, it's not gonna be a hammerfest either.

We will allow well behaved men to join us and if your man isn't well behaved, we'll send him off with some other guys to go hoot at their own trees. :p

Furthermore, we're nabbing the test bikes from Pedal Sports(THIS SHOP ROCKS!!) so people can demo them for the ride if they'd like. Since we only have two bikes, you'll have to reserve with me to be sure to get one(and to be sure we bring them both). Available are a Specialized FSR Stumpjumper and a FSR XC both are men's medium. Men or women can reserve to Demo *no charge* on this ride.:D

PM me for my contact # and to let us know you're coming.

Last edited:
V

vtalum2001

Cool - I'll go ahead and plan for this ride. 8AM is a challenge for me but i am willing to give it a try this weekend - since i am about 1 hour away from ringwood lot c.

Pixy - since this ride is planned for Sunday, will there not be a ride for Saturday planned? Or am i being too greedy for asking? :D

I am trying to ride as much as possible this weekend..... before it gets really cold......

V

vtalum2001

Thanks millions to volunteer leaders! i appreciate the opportunity!

secondspeed02

ladies i hope u dont mind

Cylopath,
Im down for Sunday ride I just try out a bike*( do i bring my own pedals?)
or I just bring my own SS.. Need to try out the trail I helped built last weekend Oh ya I'm slow dont worry about that ...
EM

Sunday 9/26/08 8am sharp lot C Ringwood(cause it's not gonna rain enough to keep us away).

OK ladies, it's official.
I'm co-leading a Ride in Ringwood with my buddy, Tony from Pedal Sports in Oakland. Like last week, it will be a No-Drop Beginner/Intermediate ride. We will wait at intersections, we'll offer pointers and we'll allow time to re-do rocks, logsticles etc. if desired. We'll be offering these Sunday a.m. group rides regularly. Right now, in Ringwood with the possibility of venturing to Skyline, JH, Waywayanda in later weeks.

We'll roll out promptly at 8am and be back in the lot by 10:15.
Obviously, since I have a guy co-leading it's not an all girl's ride, but don't be put off, it's not gonna be a hammerfest either.

We will allow well behaved men to join us and if your man isn't well behaved, we'll send him off with some other guys to go hoot at their own trees. :p

Furthermore, we're nabbing the test bikes from Pedal Sports(THEY ROCK!!) so people can demo them for the ride if they'd like. Since we only have two bikes, you'll have to reserve with me to be sure to get one(and to be sure we bring them both). Available are a Specialized FSR Stumpjumper and a FSR XC both are men's medium. Men or women can reserve to Demo *no charge* on this ride.:D

PM me for my contact # and to let us know you're coming.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Thank you Cyclopath! This is a great opportunity for many. By all means, go test ride bikes and explore. Saturday is not looking good for weather anyway. I will try to lead next Saturday instead. :) ... and if I can make it Sunday, I'll join you. Ringwood is in great shape now.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
It would be great to have you pixy!
I would have loved to go back in with you last week, but family obligations called
(and by that time he was really tired of dealing with the kids;)).

vtalum2001 Sure, 8am is early, but sleep is over-rated and if you really need sleep, get it after the ride and in grand Sunday afternoon tradition... on the couch in front of a football game:p!

Secondspeed02 bring your SS, we can trade. I'd love to see how your bike handles the tech of RW as opposed to LM and I know how you liked riding my FS. Maybe we can do like bruise-i-cal chairs... someone crashes, we all switch bikes. With my track record alone we'll all get to try the demos and everyone else's bike too!:rofl:

Last edited:
V

vtalum2001

Cyclopath - i'll look forward to Sunday's early ride.

Pixy - i'll look forward to next weekend's all girls ride also! I'll be willing to go to other parks as well if the option is out there.

Thanks again girls!

Top Bottom