Ghetto GPS Mount Ideas

monteverest

Anyone help with ideas or solutions to a ghetto gps mount? I lost my Garmin on a proper RAM mount 2 years ago so now I'm going ghetto and I'm going big. Some ideas passed my way have been magic model, tubes, duct tape, etc. - Unfortunately you will not find a more mechanically challenged hombre than I so I can't saw, drill, ...

grilledcheeseking

what about a pelican case (or similar of another brand) with a clear lid like this?

put a couple slots in the bottom with a dremel tool, mount it to the bars with a hose clamp (put rubber hose or something in between bars and clamp to keep stationery) and put foam inside to keep the gps from bouncing around.

pain in the ass cause you have to open it to use the gps? yes! fairly easy and affords the gps some protection? probably. i've never done this in real life, but have been dreaming up a similar solution for gps on my motorcycle. thanks for the bicycle idea!

monteverest

hey king, i'm still open to ideas but so far i found the delarme works really with just releasable zipped tied to my stem. the back of the delorme is rubberized and has a lip at the top, fits snuggly and without any wiggle on my oversized stem. works better then the RAM mount i had before. only issue is if i have to replace the batteries during a ride ...

this week i'm going to build a little crash platform from magic model which turns to soft rubber when dried, will make a great shock absorber.

i saw a pic gps car mount with a suction cup stuck to a motorbike gas tank - seems to work really well.

lemme know if you have any more ideas....

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I zip tied a cell phone case to my stem. I slip the Garmin in, velcro it shut and don't even worry about the rain. If you're mechanical enough to handle scissors and cut holes to pass the zip ties through the case, you're golden.

Last edited:
Top Bottom