GFBD-2021

sandman

It's official! GFBD will be Saturday Dec.4, 2021. I will lead a ride from Carranza Memorial. We will cover Tuckerton Rd., Hawkins Bridge, Single track, fire cuts, the orange trail, Mount Devious. About 25 miles. 9am start.
gfbd202.jpg

sandman

Start and end same location? If I go, trying to decide if I drive, or get dropped off and ride back to Forked River????
It is a start and end at the same location. The turn back spot would be Hawkins Bridge. That would be just under 10 miles. You could leave us and go to Speedwell, or Martha. But you are a long way from home. Plus you will miss all the single track. And I worked a long time to find and find out where the single track is, where it goes, and can we use it to get to Mount. So drive to Carranza and ride with the group, you will be glad you did.

pibbles

I too shall be in attendance as the great state of New Jersey does not want to give me comp time for my unused 3 administrative leave days that I'm forced to use every year or lose them if not used.
I'd also like to take the time to thank the taxpayers of this great state in giving me this time to spend with some truly great individuals ridin around the woods and hopefully not gettin lost (which can happen if @sandman gets distracted)

tankhead

Average speed for the ride? Don't want to slow down the group. My long ride last week was 90% off road 26.27 miles @ 2:31 minutes @ 10.44 mph average. Good to go or should I stay home?

sandman

I don't move at that speed. The rest of the group must suffer along with me, until they know where they are. So, you are good to go. Come out and enjoy the day.

WJF

Interesting adventure ride opportunity.....two questions??

1. How much fatness would I need to roll on this ride? My fat is limited to 29 x 2.35.
2. What is the estimated round trip ride time? Need to be back in Forked River by 2PM.

ef07d4db82af84a302a951e3b1c114ee.jpg

WJF

Sandman,

Yes, back to Forked River by 2PM. I would need to return to ride starting point by 1PM.
9AM to 1PM would give 4 hours total time for the 25 miles.
Interested in exploring new gravel/sand grinding opportunities in the area.

Thanks and enjoy the ride tomorrow....

Reactions: w_b
Top Bottom