GF Superfly SS?

bozizle

Is Fisher selling a SS setup for this bike in 2009? I have seen some chatter in other places that people have been ordering them and I'm not sure if this is some small batch option or for team riders only.

Pete? :rolleyes:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
pretty sure they were all "pre-special order". in other words, ya had to both be special AND know someone to get one.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
n1291834825_279914_5870.jpg

You mean like this one? We just got this in today, we ordered 2. They were a special shop employee purchase deal. They are NOT 29er Crew team bikes, although they do use the '08 29er Crew paint job. The '09 29er Crew scheme is different and there is some talk of doing a limited run of geared SuperFlys for us:hmmm:

-Jim.

walter

Fourth Party
n1291834825_279914_5870.jpg

You mean like this one? We just got this in today, we ordered 2. They were a special shop employee purchase deal. They are NOT 29er Crew team bikes, although they do use the '08 29er Crew paint job. The '09 29er Crew scheme is different and there is some talk of doing a limited run of geared SuperFlys for us:hmmm:

-Jim.

It's like you are on your knees praying to that bike....

and it's a single speed:hmmm:

Steve Vai

It's like you are on your knees praying to that bike....

and it's a single speed:hmmm:

That's not me in the picture. That's Chris from the shop. Making a SuperFly into a SS is like buying a Porsche and never taking it out of first gear!! Not to mention, a $2,000 carbon fiber frame would pretty much go against everything a single-speeder stood for:rolleyes:

-Jim.

ellbiddy

I don't like the "team 29er" graphics :( I'm glad my superfly has got the simple 08 look. I'm glad they went with trackends, keeps the frame 99.99% the same just swap out the dropouts. I've only ridden mine a handful of times given the weather (keeping him warm and comfy), but the bike rips I wouldn't want it as a SS I beat mine up too much.

M

MattyJay88

That frame is sexy. They were offering these at interbike as a special run according to my manager.

There are 9 speeds without a EBB. Dirt jumpers usually use a 9 speed setup without EBB. Just wanted to see if the Superfly SS had a derailleur hanger like the Rig 08+ or none like pre 08 Rigs.

Steve Vai

There are 9 speeds without a EBB. Dirt jumpers usually use a 9 speed setup without EBB. Just wanted to see if the Superfly SS had a derailleur hanger like the Rig 08+ or none like pre 08 Rigs.

No. It's SS specific.

-Jim.

Top Bottom