Getting to Know You...Question #6...

Grade school I wanted to be a vet
High school I wanted to be a chemical engineer (I was into chemistry, OK?)
College I wanted out
I dropped out and went lobster fishing, built houses, worked on farms
Went back to college and got into computers and now I sit behind a desk wishing I was outside.

Musician!!!
Ever since I can remember that's all I wanted to do. Played instruments all my life...grew up dropped out of school, worked crappy jobs, played at night. Eventually I got into a great local band (at the time 1991) put out a few CD's had a great following....Then it all fell apart...band broke up and now I sit in a cubicle behind a computer.
Still it was a blast and I'm glad I at least pursued my dream. Good times.

I wanted to be a pilot or work on aircraft as a kid.

10 yrs later, I'm pretty much there. I'm Aircraft Maintenance, stationed at McGuire... and a civilian student pilot. I am also getting into hang gliding.
Applying for the USAF Academy to become a pilot; we'll see where that leads. I really want fighters (duh.) but would be happy with just about anything.

Last edited:
When I was a kid I wanted to be a glass blower. I saw it on Sesame Street and was amazed by the glowing glass. To this day, I have never blown glass....

haha, I remember having to choose a career we wanted in elementary school and write a report on it. I chose glass blower and the teacher thought I was being perverted by chosing that and called my parents. What a bitch.

I pretty much up until college when I started studying it for real, wanted to be some sort of designer or artist. I'm still pretty into photography and graphic design, but I don't see it ever being a career at this point.

Wanted to fly airplanes growing up and ended up fixing airplanes instead. At least I was still around airplanes. Was a mechanic in the US NAVY for 4 years then into the commercial industry w/ USAIR for another 4 until the industry got a little too crazy for me(airline had just filed bankruptcy and I was on the verge of getting laid off). Now I just make gas:)

I was 4. I was singing for my great aunt and I knew that's what I wanted to do all my life.
I was 11 and singing at the PNC(Garden State Arts Center then) and it felt like home.
I was 12 and got the teacher that rolled her eyes when I sang. Every time I sang.
I thought it was me. I thought I was bad. Music and singing was so important to me
that I'd rather never sing again than to sound bad.

It was a long time... many, many years of struggle and pain before I got my my confidence back.

Today, when my life isn't revolving around bikes, it revolves around teaching(I NEVER roll my eyes), writing, performing, promoting and presenting music. Today, I am a musician and I sing... sometimes I even sing while I'm riding my bike.:)

Life is good!

Oh! :eek: My life really revolves around my family... I get to do music and biking as time off for good behavior!

firefighter (who doesn't), pilot, professional soccer player...and of course...

el_santo_poster_2.jpg

When I was 7, the dream was to be a marine biologist like Jacques Cousteau. But that didn't work out because I soon discovered I can't deal with boats - no matter what I try (Dramamine, patches, etc.) I always get seasick. :(

In High School, my vertical leap was steadily improving and I dreamed of maybe playing the 3 for the Knicks. But that didn't work out because I ended up tearing ligaments in both my ankles. Plus, I stopped growing. Who ever heard of a 5'10" 3? Nowadays, all the 1's are taller than that. OK, and I might also have been lacking what in the common parlance is called "skillz" :D

Now? Hell, I might as well run for President in 2012. If Barrack Obama can be president, then anyone can ("Yes we can!"). Yup, I feel the "audacity of hope" welling up inside me and that "fierce urgency of now" (hey, if Barack Obama can recycle other people's phrases, why can't I?).

ALL HAIL THE COMING KAKISTOCRACY !!!

I wanted to be a builder or an architect. I ended up becoming an attorney that wants to be a builder or an architect someday.

I wanted to be over 5'0", but, well, I guess some things never change.

damn it idr what i wanted to be when i was a kid, but as a college student w/ a major decided i want to go into the automotive industry working on designing cars/engines, we will see what happens :D

I have no idea!! Im in school for auto mechanics. I want to work on race engines or old car resoration. I wouldnt mind being a bike mechanic. I dont want to be one of those people who are too beat from the week that they have no energy on the weekends. Im not all about the big bucks, im after what makes me happy. For the past year ive been wanting to be a cop.

An architect. But when I found out how far away the nearest school with a decent architecture program was and how expensive it would be, I became an engineer.

Back
Top Bottom