Getting to Know You...Question #6...

The only thing I ever wanted to be (as a younger kid) was a truck driver, but I never pursued that because like others have said, life on the road doesn't seem so fun as an adult. People say they would get bored if they didn't have to work. As I sit at a desk all day I realize that like Peter, I too would do absolutely nothing if I could (but I think it would take more than just 1 million these days). Actually I'd bike every day the weather permits, and I'd restore a car or 2 on the rainy days. A few hobbies are all you really need.

People say they would get bored if they didn't have to work.

I would NOT be bored if I didn't have to work. If I felt like I needed more to do, I would volunteer for various organizations. There is ALWAYS something to do. Boredom has never been an issue for me, except at my jobs!!! :)

I would NOT be bored if I didn't have to work. If I felt like I needed more to do, I would volunteer for various organizations. There is ALWAYS something to do. Boredom has never been an issue for me, except at my jobs!!! :)

That is what my wife does. She is the VP of Fund Raising for the PTA and has held multiple officer positions in the local Jr. Woman's Club (a community service oriented club). Throw playing competitive tennis into the mix and she is busier than most folks w/full time jobs (like me for instance).

Me, if I could retire now and have a nice pile-o-dollars, I'd start auto racing again, which could *easily* eat up all my time.

Always wanted to be a race car driver. Still want to be a race car driver :DWatched races on TV for as long as I can remember. Practiced car control and apexing using matchbox cars on a braided oval rug as a kid. Started sneaking my father's car out to practice driving when I was 14. Have raced f1 style go-karts, and driven a Nextel Cup style car at Pocono....most others there driving got out and talked about how it was fun but they would never want to do 500 miles in one. I got out thinking....I WANT TO BE A RACE CAR DRIVER!!!!!

honestly i don't remember

but i like asking my two boys (age 4 and 5.5) that question

the answers recently are: "i want to be a mountain biking hockey player skier golfer"

i wonder where they get these ideas from.

I wanted to be a police officer or a pilot. I actually became dangerously close to becoming one of them, until I decided it wasnt for me.

If any of you closet truckers ever want to take a ride, let me know. I'll even let you toot the horn:rofl:

Last edited:
I'm pretty much nothin just like i wanted to be except i thought everything was goin to revolve around skateboarding which is probably the only thing i don't do anymore.Nowhere to go, nothin to do.Ah, livin the dream............

I wanted to be a pro baseball player and then later in high school a mechanical engineer. Teaching seems to be a nice fallback ;)

In elementary school I wanted to be a comic strip artist.

In high school I wanted to be a comic book artist.

In art school I wanted to be an animator.

After getting an art degree I realized I'd rather fix bicycles:D

-Jim.

PS-At least possibly maybe someday becoming a pro mountain biker isn't as far fetched as I once thought ;)

Last edited:
I always wanted to be a lumberjack swinging from the mighty larch.....
honetly I wanted to be a park ranger driving a jeep and hepling people out of jams...
now I am a geek helping people out of computer jams..at least I drive a jeep...

As a kid, Marine biologist. As a teenager, A Marine (although I still liked Bio.). Now, since I have developed a taste for hot food, and living indoors. I do like a lot of others do, work 6 days a week, and ride when ever I can.

dam, i think a lot of us wanted to be the same thing.
my phases:
fighter pilot
comic book artist
architect

somehow none of those panned out for me :)
I program industrial computers and play with smelly and large machinery.

As a kid, Marine biologist. As a teenager, A Marine (although I still liked Bio.). Now, since I have developed a taste for hot food, and living indoors. I do like a lot of others do, work 6 days a week, and ride when ever I can.
Amen to that brother...

Back
Top Bottom