Discovery
History
National Geographic
Fox Business News while waking up in the morning[/QUOTE]

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
History
Nat. Geo. - (I hope everyone got to see some of the "seconds from disaster" marathon on saturday, great show)
Disc.

Thats the only 3 I need, i could live without anything else. I wish I had the military channel, but i dont get it.

cable news in the am. Sports center sometimes during football season

speed for supercross/motocross.

any channel in which I can find family guy, 11, tbs, cartoon network.

Ian F

I have a problem with TV, so I'm better off not having cable... However, when I was spending more time at my g/f's house, the must-have channels were:

Discovery
History Channel
Sci Fi
Comedy Central
Speed
BBCA (+1 on Top Gear)
USA (my g/f would watch the endless House marathon...)

What I can't live without is my classical radio station - I basically turn it on as soon as I get home and turn it off when I go to bed. If I didn't have that, I don't know what I'd do... possibly start cleaning the AK every night... :getsome:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
What I can't live without is my classical radio station... If I didn't have that, I don't know what I'd do... possibly start cleaning the AK every night... :getsome:

:eek: The scariest people are those that clean their AK's to classical music played 'a bit too loud'. :D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll preface this with saying that i don't need the TV. i simply refuse to be a must see TV guy. but...

<snip> World's Strongest Man, and bowling on these channels. Now I grew up doing a lot of bowling but still don't think it belongs on a sports channel.

ben, how can you possibly lump the world's strongest man competition in with bowling? IIRC, ESPN has been covering the world's strongest man since the days lou ferigno was doing it. i freakin' love it. of course i sorta lived in that world (giant meat-head gym rat)for awhile too so that may be one of the reasons. nothing better than watching dudes throw kegs while sitting on your couch drinking beers.

i just recently discovered univeral sports which i love. other than that, discovery, nat geo, Food network and HGTV are about all i sorta watch. i will admit though, my one guilty pleasure with TV is lost. i don't care how many sharks that show jumps i'm in 'til the end.

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
DVR is set to record anything with "NASCAR" in the title or description!

Same here only it's just Sprint Cup for me. Sadly the racing has suffered since the "old days" of Winston Cup on TNN and the first round on ESPN. I quit watching every year until Feb. rolls around.:eek:

The good old days also featured thursday nite MTB on OLN, but that's history now too.

It's hard to beat Discovery HD Theatre, History, Science and On-Demand.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I mostly watch these
BBC--------for news,comedy and scifi stuff
discovery-- mythbusters and dirty jobs
food tv---- some good stuff
idtv ---- some good stuff
cartoon --- adult swim gotta have robot chicken....

Ian F

:eek: The scariest people are those that clean their AK's to classical music played 'a bit too loud'. :D

As long as I have my classical, then the AK is safely tucked away... ;)

ESPN2 is basically worthless anymore... when the hell did poker become a "sport"??? :mad:

U

UK IN NY

I think I'm your polar opposite when it comes to motorsports. I'm a Formula One & Indycar geek (I'll keep my nascar opinions to myself to avoid the heap;))

100%
The only 1 thing on TV i never ever miss is F1 (go Hamilton!)
I also have my DVR set to record MOTOGP and WSB Motorcycle racing.

Other than that I am not too fussed to be honest.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I am not too fussed...

Bing! Bing! Bing! Bing!
I think we got a winna' heya!:D

So, UK, I looked it up and I'm having a little trouble with the term from down under yonder. The urban dictionary is not much help either as it defines 'fussed' as F'd and I do believe that would be totally out of context in this sentence. :hmmm:
So... please enlighten us.

Whatever are you saying?

U

UK IN NY

not too fussed...
not sure if it is colloquial or not.

in my world it simply means not too bothered.

oo er, i better go check now. I have been saying this for years!!!

And why would I want Lewis Hamilton to go away...? He is a naturally gifted superstar!

:)

I'm not fussy/fussed UK INFORMAL
something that you say when you would be satisfied with either choice that is offered you:
"Red wine or white?" "I'm not fussy - either would be lovely."

from an online dictionary... informal but legit. Phew!

Last edited by a moderator:

mwlikesbikes

And why would I want Lewis Hamilton to go away...? He is a naturally gifted superstar!:)

I think Fogerson is a Ferrari guy, but so am I. Been a fan even before the Schumi era. It's a damn shame that Massa lost the '08 title on the last corner of the last lap.
Hammy is something special. I was so glad when he showed that #@%! Alonso what for in '07. I'm sure this won't be his last title.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
There isn't really one channel I could not live with out but I do frequent:

Versus (you know when)
FX, I love watching the same 10 min of some crappy movie on different days
USA, same as FX
NBC News
I used to check MTV quite often as I am fascinated by shows like My Super Sweet 16, but over the last year or two I have lost interest, I must be getting "old".

And I probably can't live without some of the On Demand kids stuff as it calms the little one down for a few min at a times. It also fascinates me that Thomas the Tank is narrated my George Carlin.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I think Fogerson is a Ferrari guy, but so am I. Been a fan even before the Schumi era. It's a damn shame that Massa lost the '08 title on the last corner of the last lap.
Hammy is something special. I was so glad when he showed that #@%! Alonso what for in '07. I'm sure this won't be his last title.

True, I'm a member of the Tifosi.

Sebastian Vettel is the only phenom on the grid, IMO.

Hamilton is gifted, but so is pretty much everybody on that grid. In a decade we'll see if he can walk among the greats... Almost *anybody* running a McClaren as their "favored" driver would have been able to do what Hamilton has done.

"Special" is winning when your car isn't the best ride out there. Shumi, Alonso, Senna, Prost, etc. have all done that. If Hamilton can still win consistently when BMW, Ferrari, and others have the McClarens outclassed (that day will come, it always does), then I'll move him closer to the "special" category.

Engignar

If I was raised in a race car by Ron Dennis since the age of ten I bet I could win some F1 races too...

F1 should be interesting over the next few years with the rules changes, especially active aero and regenerative braking.

Top Bottom