Getting to Know You...Question #10...

ellenserruto

oh that's easy!! After returning from a vacation abroad which allowed me to try mtbiking, I bought a cannondale rush. That's how it all started. . at first the bike was riding me and after a lot of hard work I caught up to it and surpassed it? The frame hangs in my garage where the Mom of 5/taxi driver sees it 20x / day!! I have the best memories!!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
BiknBen said:
Ding Ding!!! Damn, that didn't take long.

Yep, Van Slyke Castle in Ramapo Mtn State Forest.

Doh!!!
I thought you wanted the location of CycleCraft way back then.
I knew it was the castle!! The English language is such a tricky thing!!

BiknBen said:
That frame was replaced with my first Cannondale. I bought this off one of the wrenches at Cycle Craft. Special props to anyone who can name the location.

BiknBen

Doh!!!
I thought you wanted the location of CycleCraft way back then.
I knew it was the castle!! The English language is such a tricky thing!!

Here I went back and edited the text just for you. ;)

"Special props to anyone who can name the location of the photo. :hmmm:"

qsilvr99

'95 Proflex 455

Bought it from Carolina Fatz in Asheville, NC while working summer job in Burnesville, NC.

1st time out of Florida.
1st time seeing mountains/being above sea level.
1st time I had to wear a jacket going to work in August.
1st time seeing a waterfall.
1st time kayaking.
1st time white water rafting.

oh yeah...

1st time mountain biking!!!

Got to do real mountain biking too, not the inverted type around FL, since we were staying near Blue Ridge Parkway at foot of Mt. Michelle. Rode around Crabtree Falls, Little Switzerland, and a few other places. Wish I had time to go and spend a week there trying to make it up that damn hill I never was able to finish.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Burnsville,+North+Carolina&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=62.572465,135&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=Fe0GJAIdC0QY-w&ll=35.865891,-82.197347&spn=0.031022,0.065918&t=p&z=15&iwloc=addr

anrothar

entirely thrilled
free spirit white mountain. my friend steve down the street had started 'mtn biking', which is basically what we had been doing all long, only his murray was much more suited to it than our department store bmx bikes or schwinn varsities. so i got my free spirit for christmas, and rode the living hell out of it. when i realized how much more enjoyable the woods were on these things, i split the cost of a better bike with my mom for my birthday. steve eventually upgraded as well, got stupidly fast, and i moved in the biketrials direction.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
actually, the bike i currently have, 2006 Trek 3700, first bike i actually took out on the trails and allowed me to discover single track and dh/cross country, took everything i did to it w/o breaking too many parts, looking to replace it now, most likely w/ a trek 6000.

the 3700 was the first bike i bought for my self that had ANY suspension on it, and a full 21 speeds, now im ready for an upgrade fromt he flats and other components so this spring i get my 6000 :D

Top Bottom