Getting into shape

gerard

Whats the best way to get in shape and fast as so I don't end up out of breath? :lol: hehe

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
gerard said:
Whats the best way to get in shape and fast as so I don't end up out of breath? :lol: hehe

You have the free time so get on your bike and start putting some miles on. I use a stationary bike and an elliptical machine at home.

gerard

yeah I am gonna start this week and ride up as many inclines as possible to work me real hard. I snowboard a lot during the winter so u would think I would be in better shape.

C

CD1134

You should just take your bike whenever you have an errand to run. I found that even riding a couple of miles here and there really helps your control and endurance on the trails. And it's not like you're "training" you're just doing what you'd usually do but without the car.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
CD1134 said:
You should just take your bike whenever you have an errand to run. I found that even riding a couple of miles here and there really helps your control and endurance on the trails. And it's not like you're "training" you're just doing what you'd usually do but without the car.

I'd try that if I didn't live like 20 miles from everything! LOL

A

Ant

CD1134 said:

Dude, I can't even make it 1 mile without dying. My legs feel like they will fall off.

BTW, are there any good beginner training plans? Or should I just keep trying to make it up my street? Jay and Carl know how much of a bitch my street is. I don't want to walk it up because that's gay.

A

Ant

Well, after talking to Carl I decided to go for making it up my street which is a huge incline. Admittedly I had to walk it for a few hundred feet but I made it. :D So I kept on going until I went about 1 mile one way. Then I turned around and coasted down the hill. :lol: But I made it which made me happy. I actually felt a big difference from my 1st day yesterday. Watch out Jay!

gerard

yeah I hear you. My legs and things dont hurt, I just get out of breath quick. It's getting better though the more I ride.

A

Ant

I did between 6 and 7 miles today so I'm getting even better. Carl, you better watch yourself! :lol:

S

smerusi

Allamuchy?

Hey Ant!

So will you be joining us at the 24hr Allamuchy race this year? But this time as a teammate and rider!!!

: )
Steve

A

Ant

Re: Allamuchy?

smerusi said:
Hey Ant!

So will you be joining us at the 24hr Allamuchy race this year? But this time as a teammate and rider!!!

Steve

Hey Steve! Honestly I've been thinking about it but I dunno about that. I would like to do a race by the end of the summer just to see how I do but I'll let you know!

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Re: Allamuchy?

Ant said:
smerusi said:
Hey Ant!

Steve

Hey Steve! Honestly I've been thinking about it but I dunno about that. I would like to do a race by the end of the summer just to see how I do but I'll let you know!

I'll take Ant's position as team chear leader!!!

A

Ant

As I seem to have a daily update going I just wanted to say I did my 6 or 7 mile loop again. It's getting pretty easy so I think I may have to expand my route soon. I may even go for 10 miles this weekend so we'll see. I can't wait to go on a real mtn bike ride though.

S

smerusi

good for you man.....

i am heading to Colorado and Utah tomorrow for a week of riding...but as soon as I get back we will put together a Ringwood ride!

A

Ant

smerusi said:
good for you man.....

i am heading to Colorado and Utah tomorrow for a week of riding...but as soon as I get back we will put together a Ringwood ride!

Ok, sounds good.

Top Bottom