getting a new bike

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
gerard said:
can someone tell me why it is such a pain in the ass to get a new bike....grrrrrr

Because the dealers never stock the good bikes. :lol:

A

Ant

Go AMEX baby...get the points. Honestly, I've bought 2 new bikes in the last 2 months. One at Cyclecraft and one at Bike King and both have been very easy.

C

CD1134

Why do you even want a new bike? The one you have looked pretty good and new to me. If there's a lot of resistance, as I think you mentioned in one of your posts, why don't you just take it to a shop and have 'em work with it? Seriously man, that bike will last you a long time and it's good that you're learning on a hardtail.

M

mike240se

you want to buy mine???? if so i would take my new fork off though....

gerard

I am looking at the gary fisher cake. The bike I have would take a lot of work to get it in better condition, it will be better for the long run to just get a new bike I think. The problem is that there are not many dealers with gary fisher bikes. Which is fine. So I went to one that is close to my house. Well they can get me the bike, they have to order it. The problem with that is that if it is the wrong size for me I am stuck basically.

M

mike240se

i doubt you are going to find any dealer with a cake in stock in your size.

Did you call town cycle?

C

CD1134

Wheel Life Cycles in Somerville (formerly Somerville Cyclery) carries Fishers. I hate that place, though, and it would probably be a drive for you. Thought I'd let you know anyway.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I think he ordered his bike last night to be in next Wednesday.

gerard

yeah I found a few places and none had them in stock which I was kind of hoping. I was going to head up to town cycle as mike suggested but whatever I would of saved probably would of cost me in gas so I ended up going to the bikery in montclair 4 miles from my house :) So I just ordered it and it will be here next week. Can't wait to ride it.

M

mike240se

uhhh, what the hell you supposed to do with that :lol: :twisted:

Top Bottom