Get your Vitamin MTB Ride Series - Ringwood 11/30/08

Mare

Show up and get your raffle ticket! Click here for raffle details.

November 30 @ 9:00 a.m.
Ringwood State Park - Ryerson School Lot
(Directions)

Leaders: GlancingAft & *Alyssa* (see them below, ready to ski, scuba, and bike)

Some details: Intermediate-advanced terrain at a casual pace. (Ringwood is rocky in case you are wondering). Plan 2.5 hours in the saddle, covering 12 miles.

RSVP here.

Last edited:

Glancing Aft

How about this one?
IMG_2405.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in, if anyone wants to carpool from the Cranford area let me know.
Also Belleayre opens Friday w/$25 lift tics. They should be getting snow this week and am planning to ski Friday if conditions look good. Roadtrip??? :hmmm:

Panhead

Hmm, CR on the 29th. Ringwood on the 30th. Divorce Court on the 1st. I'm heading to Ringwood.

Glancing Aft

will, you also win the tightest ski jacket award, too :rofl:
:rofl::rofl: Thanks, that literally made my day! :rofl::rofl:

I'm in, if anyone wants to carpool from the Cranford area let me know.
Also Belleayre opens Friday w/$25 lift tics. They should be getting snow this week and am planning to ski Friday if conditions look good. Roadtrip??? :hmmm:
Make sure to check the snow report for Belleayre before trudging up there for "opening" day. I've been there in the past for it and they've had one trail open from the midstation to the lodge, it gets boring after about 2 runs...

As for the ride if anyone has any questions feel free to post up.
Yes, xc62701, there are rocks in Ringwood.

dualfisted

this ones on my calender

I'm calling myself a "definite maybe" on this ride. I'm super into it. Don't have any clue where this Ringwood jernt is, or how to get there or how long it'll take to get there, or what kinda terrain me and the rigid Stumpy should expect, but I'm into it. Hopefully see u cats there.

Mare

I'm calling myself a "definite maybe" on this ride. I'm super into it. Don't have any clue where this Ringwood jernt is, or how to get there or how long it'll take to get there, or what kinda terrain me and the rigid Stumpy should expect, but I'm into it. Hopefully see u cats there.

Mapquest, mapquest, mapquest! As far as terrain, expect rocks. Where do you usually ride so I can compare it?

Last edited:

Glancing Aft

Directions from brick, couldn't find a bricktucky in NJ ;)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...0.609782,-74.152222&spn=1.540849,2.471924&z=9

I personally would probably opt against riding a rigid bike there, but you should be fine as long as you like rocks :) As Mare said, where do you normally ride?

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I rode a rigid in Ringwood once...
...it tried to kill my bike.

picture.php

Last edited:

dualfisted

nay sayers n negative nellies i tell ya

I rode a rigid in Ringwood once...
...it tried to kill my bike.
picture.php

Ok peeps, it turns out that ringwood is peeing distance from NY, what a hike for a 8am ride, up by 5am on the road before 6. that makes it interesting. As for where I normally ride, I'm Allaire 501 Crew material, so there really is no comparison other than night and day. I have ridden Chimney Rock with a lot of success once (all three trails), and I did ride both intermediate rides in a row @ the Jorbafest with this bike. I'm still planning to be there for this ride, I keep hearing such good things about this place. When my hands and butt are killing me from the rocks I always keep reminding myself that people rode these trails on bikes before suspension was available. Hope I can make it and prove my, and my bikes worth..... or, flop over dead. Haha, TJ
PS-Cyclopath, that's a stick in yer fork, we have plenty of those @ Allaire. Ha.

jontotman

Hey GlancingAft and Alyssa can you give a rough idea how the ride will go? I know Ringwood consist of many fireroads and double tracks, are we gonna try to ride most of the awesome single tracks in Ringwood including the New Trail that connects to the race trail?

Glancing Aft

Jontotman,
we're going to definitly stick as much as possible to the single track, and we will ride on the new trail. This is the loop I'm thinking of for now,
mtbnjride.jpg

This is subject to change, depending on how we do as a group though. But I'd guess this would be about 50% Single Track, 30% double Track, and 20% fire road.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everybody and see you on Sunday!

Top Bottom