Get your Vitamin MTB Ride Series - Chimney Rock 11/29/08

Mare

Show up and get your raffle ticket! Click here for raffle details.

November 29 @ 8:00 a.m.
Chimney Rock - Newman’s Lane Lot
(Directions)

Leader: If you don't know him, everyone, this is Norm.

Some details: Intermediate ride, approximately 3 hours of pure bliss, looping past the lot for those that are tired, cranky, or frostbitten and need to bail.

RSVP here.

Last edited:
I think I see something in his nose

I think you can see China.

As those of you who have been following my car saga know, I am currently without automobile and that doesn't look to be changing before this weekend. So in true idiotic fashion, I will be riding my bike from my house, to CR, riding, then riding home. So this will certainly not be a hammerfest.

I will also have a jersey pocket full of Clif bars and a camera. So if you want the chance to be immortalized in photo like the picture above, come on out.

Current forecast is rain, but it's only Monday so I wouldn't sweat it yet.

You are brave (or just plain crazy), Norm. You sure you still want to do this?

Yeah sure, why not. It gives me a good excuse to eat like...what...18 Clif bars in 1 day?

After this experiment I'm going to determine that I never want a Clif bar ever again.

Yeah sure, why not. It gives me a good excuse to eat like...what...18 Clif bars in 1 day?

After this experiment I'm going to determine that I never want a Clif bar ever again.

I am bringing apple pie too, so save room for that.

damn, i have the kiddies that day so i won't be able to make it. i was really looking forward to seeing how norm's stomach would react to four+ hours of saddle time with only processed food in it. :D

hey norm,.ni hao!
good luck with your car,.get well soon.:D(the car)
im planing to rides from clifton to CR any thought wich is shorter and safest route.
im thinking: newark via CR 527 towards martinsville.
riding on monday 11/30 if weather permited(no rain and tempt upper 20F)

or better yet anyone want to ride with me??

I believe I will make an appearance. Sounds like fun. I hope its beyond cold to keep it interesting. :)

Too early for us to get there we would have to leave at 6 am. Nope. Not gonna happen. We will have to plan something further south or later in the morning. Have fun!

damn, i have the kiddies that day so i won't be able to make it. i was really looking forward to seeing how norm's stomach would react to four+ hours of saddle time with only processed food in it. :D

I lasted almost 4.5 hours with Fred and Ben on nothing but Accelerade and Clif bars. I think I'll throw in a few Accel Gels to keep it interesting. I may have to swing by the pizza place up the road before I trek home though :)

Back
Top Bottom