Get your Vitamin MTB Ride Series - Chimney Rock 11/29/08

Mare

Show up and get your raffle ticket! Click here for raffle details.

November 29 @ 8:00 a.m.
Chimney Rock - Newman’s Lane Lot
(Directions)

Leader: If you don't know him, everyone, this is Norm.

Some details: Intermediate ride, approximately 3 hours of pure bliss, looping past the lot for those that are tired, cranky, or frostbitten and need to bail.

RSVP here.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I see something in his nose

I think you can see China.

As those of you who have been following my car saga know, I am currently without automobile and that doesn't look to be changing before this weekend. So in true idiotic fashion, I will be riding my bike from my house, to CR, riding, then riding home. So this will certainly not be a hammerfest.

I will also have a jersey pocket full of Clif bars and a camera. So if you want the chance to be immortalized in photo like the picture above, come on out.

Current forecast is rain, but it's only Monday so I wouldn't sweat it yet.

Mare

You are brave (or just plain crazy), Norm. You sure you still want to do this?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah sure, why not. It gives me a good excuse to eat like...what...18 Clif bars in 1 day?

After this experiment I'm going to determine that I never want a Clif bar ever again.

Mare

Yeah sure, why not. It gives me a good excuse to eat like...what...18 Clif bars in 1 day?

After this experiment I'm going to determine that I never want a Clif bar ever again.

I am bringing apple pie too, so save room for that.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
damn, i have the kiddies that day so i won't be able to make it. i was really looking forward to seeing how norm's stomach would react to four+ hours of saddle time with only processed food in it. :D

liong71er

hey norm,.ni hao!
good luck with your car,.get well soon.:D(the car)
im planing to rides from clifton to CR any thought wich is shorter and safest route.
im thinking: newark via CR 527 towards martinsville.
riding on monday 11/30 if weather permited(no rain and tempt upper 20F)

or better yet anyone want to ride with me??

Wobbegong

I believe I will make an appearance. Sounds like fun. I hope its beyond cold to keep it interesting. :)

rocknrollgirl

Too early for us to get there we would have to leave at 6 am. Nope. Not gonna happen. We will have to plan something further south or later in the morning. Have fun!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
damn, i have the kiddies that day so i won't be able to make it. i was really looking forward to seeing how norm's stomach would react to four+ hours of saddle time with only processed food in it. :D

I lasted almost 4.5 hours with Fred and Ben on nothing but Accelerade and Clif bars. I think I'll throw in a few Accel Gels to keep it interesting. I may have to swing by the pizza place up the road before I trek home though :)

Top Bottom