Get Your Vitamin MTB - Lewis Morris 12/6/08

Mare

You know the drill - Show up and get a raffle ticket! Click here for raffle details.

December 6 @ 9:00 a.m.
Sunrise Lake Lot
(Directions below)

Leader:
Me!!!!

Some details: Relatively smooth terrain with climbing, but nothing earth shattering. Stopping to regroup, but we'll save the major bonding for the end. Plan to pedal about 2 hours, covering as many miles as we can in that amount of time.

Weather: Warm and sunny.

RSVP here.

So, now for the directions:

Traveling South: Take exit 35, Madison Ave. Turn RIGHT and at the light turn RIGHT onto Route 124 West, South Street. Continue straight, travel around the "Green". Turn RIGHT at the light onto Route 510 West/Washington St. Continue on County Route 510 West (Formerly Route 24) passing Delbarton School on your left. The park entrance is just after the second Delbarton entrance on your left. Follow signs to Sunrise Lake.

Traveling North: Take to exit 35, South Street/Madison Ave. Turn LEFT onto Route 124 West, South Street. Follow the directions above from South Street.

And finally, some helpful advice from Opie:

OpiePee-1.jpg

lushizzle

I plan to be there. I may be a couple of minutes late since I'll be dropping off my wife who works in a hair salon in Summit, but start without me. I'll try to catch up. What trails will you be riding? The race course?

Luis

Mare

I plan to be there. I may be a couple of minutes late since I'll be dropping off my wife who works in a hair salon in Summit, but start without me. I'll try to catch up. What trails will you be riding? The race course?

Luis

Most likely the race course. I figure we'll wander aimlessly, covering all of the trails a few times :) Just come on out and you'll find us - you can't miss a bunch of lunatics on wheels.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This one I should make. Sunny/Rain/Snow or whatever. It's in my backyard damnit.

-Steve

gtluke

The Moped
I should be there. I know that place forwards backwards and every wards in between. I can show you the "improved" race course loop we do. adds a bit of distance but is much more pleaseurable to ride.

Mare

I should be there. I know that place forwards backwards and every wards in between. I can show you the "improved" race course loop we do. adds a bit of distance but is much more pleaseurable to ride.

Yes, please show us. Much more pleasurable? How so? Cuz if you are looking to cut out that climb at the beginning, that is pure pleasure. :)

gtluke

The Moped
ha, all the climbs are still there but I like to add the new trail and one of the unkept ones. and small deviations to avoid the annoying gravely trails.

R

rltrock

What level of riding?

What's the expected skill level and pace?

Mare

What's the expected skill level and pace?

We'll ride according the group's ability, but in general it is more intermediate... know how to ride a bike, and be prepared to pedal without stopping every 10 feet. If folks don't want to ride for an extended time, we can always swing past the lot for people to bail. No one will be dropped.

Last edited:

davos

can't make this one but...

What about French Maids Ringing Bells and eating Cookies???? Come to Clayton!!!!!

trying to lock in clayton. The wife has a 5k on saturday so, I'll be cheering her on with the little one. Too bad LM is closer for me.

secondspeed02

are singlespeeds wanted ?

:)Hello just stopping by say I'm on for the ride this Saturday. S.S. 32x19 :getsome:

see u all there.. Evan M

You know the drill - Show up and get a raffle ticket! Click here for raffle details.

December 6 @ 9:00 a.m.
Sunrise Lake Lot
(Directions below)

Leader:
Me!!!!

Some details: Relatively smooth terrain with climbing, but nothing earth shattering. Stopping to regroup, but we'll save the major bonding for the end. Plan to pedal about 2 hours, covering as many miles as we can in that amount of time.

Weather: Warm and sunny.

RSVP here.

So, now for the directions:

Traveling South: Take exit 35, Madison Ave. Turn RIGHT and at the light turn RIGHT onto Route 124 West, South Street. Continue straight, travel around the "Green". Turn RIGHT at the light onto Route 510 West/Washington St. Continue on County Route 510 West (Formerly Route 24) passing Delbarton School on your left. The park entrance is just after the second Delbarton entrance on your left. Follow signs to Sunrise Lake.

Traveling North: Take to exit 35, South Street/Madison Ave. Turn LEFT onto Route 124 West, South Street. Follow the directions above from South Street.

And finally, some helpful advice from Opie:

OpiePee-1.jpg

secondspeed02

are singlespeeds wanted ?

:D"The force is strong in this one" - Gtluke, What's going on you weren't at gobble day Ride We had blast plus Albert- brought his famous homebrew peace

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Sounds like fun

On the way back from NY State today Tommy and I were going to ride at LM, we didn't and just did a road ride. We will try to be there this Saturday at 9 am. Our last Cyclocross race is this Sunday in Phillipsburg so doing a easier pace ride would be a good warm up for Sunday *cool* :D

RC ... :)

Top Bottom