Get Your Vitamin MTB @ Hartshorne & Huber 12/14/08

Mare

Show up, win stuff. Click here for raffle details.

December 14 @ 9:00 a.m.
Hartshorne & Huber Woods Park
Upper parking lot
- follow directions to "Grand Tour Entrance"(click for directions)

Leader:
ChrisG

Some details: Intermediate ride. Translation: not a hammerfest, but it will be a consistent flow with regrouping at the top of climbs and at trailheads. We'll do a 9 - 10 mile loop through Hartshorne, adding a 5 - 6 mile loop through Huber. There are multiple points to bail.

RSVP here.

Many ask "what is intermediate?" Well, we want to encourage everyone to come out and ride, but it is sort of, kind of, similar to racing sport - we want to pedal and challenge ourselves, but we don't need to kill ourselves. Does that help at all or does that just make it sound scary?

Mare

Hmmmm, who is making the cookies?

Well, Chris IS the ride leader. Chris?? Do you have an apron that you wear so you don't mess your clothes with the flour?

I can bring some sort of snack if Chris is too manly for that.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I do belive I can make this one. My only problem is, I have been riding @ Allaire so much,.... I fear hills.

xc62701

I'd love to be able to make this one. I've wanted to try out Huber Woods for some time. I doubt I'll be in any shape to get out though...

Mare

I doubt I'll be in any shape to get out though...

Unless you have the flu, you are probably in shape to ride with us (ChrisG alone, well that's another story).

Edit: I just read Chris's post below...sorry...I didn't know you had an accident. I hope you are doing ok!

Last edited:

ellbiddy

I feel much better after battling my cold, I'll probably be out there in all my crashy goodness. Bring the cameras!

Mare

I feel much better after battling my cold, I'll probably be out there in all my crashy goodness. Bring the cameras!

If you can do what you did at Kittatiny, that would be good. I'd like to see that again.

Mare

What did I miss at Kittatiny:confused:

ellbiddy, care to describe? It was like this; ellbiddy riding along, having a good old time, then suddenly hits the eject button from his bike. Bike goes one way, ellbiddy the other.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'd love to be able to make this one. I've wanted to try out Huber Woods for some time. I doubt I'll be in any shape to get out though...
Ryan, it would be great to have you there. I'm just happy that you are in a position to even type, never mind ride, after that accident.

Once you're healed up enough, we can set up another ride, for sure.

As for the ride description: I think Mare pretty much hit the nail on the head. Not hammering, but steady and flowing as much as possible. I have no desire to turn it into a killer training ride, but I still hope to make the ride enjoyable for folks who are on the bike fairly regularly and don't need to stop too frequently, apart from regrouping at trail heads and the occasional tough climb.

I doubt I will be baking, so any treats anyone else brings will be greatly appreciated, I'm sure.:D

ellbiddy

ellbiddy, care to describe? It was like this; ellbiddy riding along, having a good old time, then suddenly hits the eject button from his bike. Bike goes one way, ellbiddy the other.

About right, my bike whizzed passed nearly everyone on the trail with me not on it haha. While I watched after ninja-hopping off it. Unless you meant the other time....I was trying to get fancy and cleared a rock with my pseudo jumping skills but I didn't realize there was another waiting for me. At the point I was ejected as described ;)

Last edited:
M

Mtnbikechick

"Will ride for food!"...

Cookies at Hartshorne... we are so there! (Leslie, Larry and Forrest). I can bring cookies as well... 'Tis the SEASON! :p

LC:)

al415

Banned
I plan to make this one.

Though it'll take a little creativity. The gearing on my Fat Chance is of the knee-mangling variety (at least in Hartshorne). The Bontrager has undergone a transformation into my significant other's first mountain bike, complete with short stem and flat pedals. Anyway, I’ll figure it out.

On another related topic, when I first read about these rides I came up with names for a couple of them. I suggested, “Snow falling on Niners” for Chris’s ride, seeing as how he can read and stuff. Figuring that was a little fruity, I proposed the (now complete) Chimney Rock ride be dubbed “Rum, Sodomy and the Rocks” and though I don’t know Norm, I liked “Norm’s Trail of Tears” for his ride. I spent whole minutes on these ideas!

Top Bottom