Get Your Vitamin MTB @ Clayton - 12/7/08

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
You'll see the trailers in the lot when you get there. I remember seeing a green chevy or gmc pickup with large trailer and an older generation escalade with a large trailer. They take up like 20 parking spaces between the two of them.

rocknrollgirl

Clayton is our home base park. Depending on the time of year, we ride there several times a week. Yes, there are horses on the trails, and we have never had a problem with any of their owners. We give them the right of way, say hello and off we go. Just like at Allaire. All of the horse people have been really nice, even when we have come flying down the trail and surpised them.

Besides, the horses do not know about the home baked cookies that I am bringing, so they will probably not show up.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ha yeah. It definitely got a little "confrontational" the ride before last...:getsome:

No worries, this is a non-confrontational ride. So they'll leave everyone alone. Officials will be there with muzzle loaders but you won't be able to see them as they'll be working undercover. Just smile and say "good day".

davos

ok got the green light - I'll be there. I've never been to Clayton so looking forward to something new.

The Kalmyk

Yell and scream at every equestrian you see...Make sure you break off from the group and aren't anything MTBNJ:D

BiknBen

I am planning to ride over on my Cross bike. I'll kick up some dirt and then ride home.

I'm just going for cookies. ;)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
This is so funny!
Cookies are being offered after all the rides now?:rofl:
And I was thinking of taking a bakin' night off... guess I better get to work!

So, what'cha making Ruth?
We should plan a mtbnj holiday party with a North vs. South bake-off!
Whad'da ya think?

BiknBen

It is currently snowing lightly in the Clayton area. Local weather is calling for a dusting to an inch overnight. Don't let this scar anyone off. Riding in a couple inches of snow is fine. Actually, is pretty special. :D

Claytonsnow-1.jpg

Last edited:

rocknrollgirl

We will be there...dust or no dust!!!!

Well Cyclopath , I have not started my holiday baking yet. I can't start too early or I will just eat them all! So I just made oatmeal chocolate chip. Nothing too fancy. Had I known earlier that Ben was coming, I would have mixed in some M&M's.

For my Christmas cookies, I do all of the roll out and cut and decorate cookies....you know, real Christmas cookies.....oh and this year I am going to make the peanut butter ones with the kiss in them. Not a traditional Christmas cookie, but the kids like those.

The cookie train will start next week.....

davos

thanks to..

chris for leading and ruth for sweeping. enjoyed the ride and the cookies were great!

Patrick

Mare

Today was a good day to play in the snow (although we didn't have much of it). Thanks for leading a good ride and for bringing delicious cookies!

I am home now and Opie IS tired - he was just pretending :)

rocknrollgirl

We really enjoyed the group today and hope to ride with you all again soon. I am looking a bit wind burned, but probably not as much as Ben....the cookie eating champ.

BiknBen

It took me 35 minutes to ride to Clayton from my house. The headwind lengthened my return trip to 50 minutes. In between, there was 1:45 of good times.

Ruth, making a list and checking it twice. Chris "Poor Iggy" insists that he has been nice all year.
CIMG4920Small.jpg

Ruth "rocknrollgirl" does her best Biknben impression:
CIMG4927Small.jpg

Mare "Mare45" with Anne following close behind:
CIMG4928Small.jpg

My weapon of choice. It worked out surprisingly well in the conditions:
CIMG4932Small.jpg

Last edited:

BiknBen

Now, I'm absolutely horrible with names. These discussion group rides always make me look even more dumb. I can't remember peoples' names or screen names. :eek:

I'm really glad I took a picture of the sign in sheet. That's the only way I could remember people's name. This is Patrick "davos".
CIMG4936Small.jpg

This is Chris "Chris29r", the only guy I know who makes 29" wheels look small.
CIMG4943Small.jpg

Just in case Ruth isn't talking enough, she uses her hands too. ;)
CIMG4944Small.jpg

Ruth was hoping to see me crash. We got an acceptable picture after five or six attempts. I was pushing my luck on the CX bike with snow-covered logs.
CIMG4959Small.jpg

Last edited:

MVMX

cookies!

Thanks for the tour of ALL of Clayton, nice loop, good pace and cookies!

I'm thinking skinny tires.

See you soon.

Marty

rocknrollgirl

Thanks for the pictures Ben. Fun Stuff. I will show my students today what their Ratty Old Biology Teacher does for fun on the weekends.

The only time I am not talking, is when I am scarfing down cookies!!!!

Mare

Ruth was hoping to see me crash. We got an acceptable picture after five or six attempts. I was pushing my luck on the CX bike with snow-covered logs.
CIMG4959Small.jpg

If you stick your butt out a bit, you'll get over those obstacles a lot easier.

Top Bottom