Get Out There!

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Went out for a ride after work, was a little nervous after the rain on Mon, but the conditions are perfect. Just the right amount of tack and no mud. Even the area by the concrete bridge is dry enough to get through with no mud. Bike came out cleaner than when I went in (really!).

I've been trying to get out a few nights a week to try to build up to "Halter's speed":D Was doing pretty good for the first half of the loop (avg around 8.8mph, I know still not fast enough, but pretty good for an old guy on a small wheel 26"), then fell off on an uphill an nearly impaled my leg on the end of the pedal (see photo). Pace was shot after that, would up doing 12 miles and avg 8.0mph. Oh well still a great night, even though I'm now limping and got the evil eye from my wife for crashing while riding alone.:getsome:

If it doesn't rain to much, conditions should be great tomorrow. Nice work on the new section (Jdog?), like the way the logs were half cut so you either go over or not, seems to flow much better now for me.

Tim

Attachments

• Fall 001.jpg
    Fall 001.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 158

RacinStart

Glad you are doing good. Limping should stop soon. I scratched myself today as well due to off camber log. I am looking to go to Six Run soon, maybe this weekend if it doesn't rain much.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Glad you are doing good. Limping should stop soon. I scratched myself today as well due to off camber log. I am looking to go to Six Run soon, maybe this weekend if it doesn't rain much.

RS,

Not sure if I can make this weekend, but let me know if you have any days that are good during the week (Mon and Wed are best for me). I think I know the trails well enough to show you around and not get lost.

Tim

dirty bert

Banned
time

RS,

Not sure if I can make this weekend, but let me know if you have any days that are good during the week (Mon and Wed are best for me). I think I know the trails well enough to show you around and not get lost.

Tim

during the week, what time are you looking to go?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
even though I'm now limping and got the evil eye from my wife for crashing while riding alone.
want more fun??? call her from the ER...that's a classic
she still hasn't got over it :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
want more fun??? call her from the ER...that's a classic
she still hasn't got over it :)

when i rode bmx, I got a nice deep cut all the way across my knee cap. She was in NYC for the day and I called her and said I would wait for her to get home to go to the ER. When she got home, she couldn't believe I waited considering my knee was a mess and ended up with 11 stitches....

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
did anyone put that drop off up that was sitting in the lot a few weeks ago think they said it was going up where the 2x4 is

RacinStart

Anyone want to ride with me this Wednesday in the morning? I work starting at 4pm so I can start riding at 10 AM. Let me know. I am new and never been to Six Mile run.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Conditions

Rode there today - Blue trail all the way out and back. In general, conditions are good. Only the 3 usual bad spots were as bad as they get:
- the swampy area that used to have the boardwalk (canal side of south middlebush)
- the muddy spot at the bottom of the reroute up and down the ridge near the big creek
- the area near the concrete bridge (although the culvert building did help a lot)

By Monday for sure (maybe even by tomorrow) it will be perfect.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Rode there today - Blue trail all the way out and back. In general, conditions are good. Only the 3 usual bad spots were as bad as they get:
- the swampy area that used to have the boardwalk (canal side of south middlebush)
- the muddy spot at the bottom of the reroute up and down the ridge near the big creek
- the area near the concrete bridge (although the culvert building did help a lot)

i rode today as well - i totally agree. should be great the next couple of days.

jimmysnukastyle

Conditions

I rode all from 27 to the canal today - still per above - except the new culvert was wet but not mud.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
rode this morning, 27 to canal per the red, back on the new trail, through water crossing...

some muddy sections, more than I was expecting and the concrete bridge area is looking good.

The Kalmyk

rode this morning, 27 to canal per the red, back on the new trail, through water crossing...

some muddy sections, more than I was expecting and the concrete bridge area is looking good.

Damn Kev....Your an animal

Clarkenstien....Im trying to be start at 4 if you want to join....Hoping to be back at the parking lot 515-530pm

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions