Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I'm assuming you're basing the "OMG, he got even thinner!" comment on the photo of him with Allen from Skratchlabs, but I'm fairly certain that isn't a current photo....he's wearing a short sleeve skinsuit and holding a TT helmet in the shot and Allen is in shorts and a t-shirt. The kit is the 2019 style, not the 2020. Also, this announcement was made at their team training camp in Bentonville, Arkansas and in all of the pics on the blog, the guys are wearing leg and arm warmers and vests.. it was pretty cold. I'm guessing they just pulled some stock from last year for the photo...

He does look thin, although he's coming into the big races the last few years pretty thin. I couldn't agree more with you on the heart to adversity ratio... I feel like he pulls the plug to early on days when he feels off, instead of trying to fight through it and limit his loses. In a grand tour, everyone is going to have a bad day, the guys that do well, hang on through those bad days... it might even be the fact that he's so thin, coming into the big races that he's on track for a bad day to begin with.

Yep, my bad. I was skimming the article and when I saw the photo it was a little jarring. I usually don’t bother looking at the new kit’s until a week or two before the TDU.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not road, but did anyone see Namur cross?
Holy crap what a race. Some nasty crashes. Classic cross weather.

I have to watch the women's race now, I heard that was just as good.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was good. Like really, really good. But the rain, and the runoff, and Toon, made the men's race an instant classic. Watching them try to take off their gloves later, or watching Iserbyt carried across the S/F line... That's the hardest race I've seen in years.
The North American women did amazing, too. Honsinger, Compton, Fahringer, Rochette, Nash... They crushed it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

I knew something was up when it made one of the meme pages, will check it out

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@Juggernaut
AF33C2AD-40B7-41C2-8CC5-81FD0EAB5E4F.jpeg
A23CE3ED-3693-41A7-8FDF-DE6D3EF66B34.jpeg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Flo’s Live stream of Omloop is quite good this year. much closer to TDF video quality than prior years classics. Damp roads, some wind to keep things honest... disk break noise evident on the turns.... and to quote the commentator, ”splits galore”. About 78k to go in the first ”Real” race of the session.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Flo’s Live stream of Omloop is quite good this year. much closer to TDF video quality than prior years classics. Damp roads, some wind to keep things honest... disk break noise evident on the turns.... and to quote the commentator, ”splits galore”. About 78k to go in the first ”Real” race of the session.
Best time of the year!
1582985248840.gif

CrankAddictRich

I was on Zwift, doing 35 miles in Innsbruck with the mens race on my iPad and the women's race on my phone... 90 minutes @ 260 watts, perfect morning.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Here we go...... before you say it, it’s my screen grab.... it’s crystal clear on the stream. Smart ass.
ACC997BA-69AE-4B95-8D0D-0B3AE067548E.png

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
And in breaking news, Richie Porte falls short....again.

Ventoux Challenge.....
image.jpg

at least he finished this time.

Congrats Mr.V

Top Bottom