Geared to Go closing

Panhead

I was going by Geared to Go this morning and saw a store closing sign in the window. Didn't get to stop in on the way home so don't know when their last day is. Unfortunately, it looks like we lost another LBS. BTW there in West Milford on Rt. 23 in the Lakeland plaza

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Is that the one on Rt 23 a little way south of Oak Ridge Rd.?

It was closed every time I tried to go there...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
It would be nice if people shopped more at actual stores instead of getting everything from Jenson or Pricepoint and such. Nothing wrong with those companies but they don't provide the service and community real bike shops do.

Panhead

Yep thats the one. I think they are closed on Sunday to Tuesday, but I usually stop in around 4-4:30. Justin did you get my E? You in for tomorrow at Waway?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Is it between Union Valley Rd & clinton Rd.??
That's where I got my 29er!!!

Unfortunately, some of the web shops sometimes have killer deals you can't avoid

Panhead

It would be nice if people shopped more at actual stores instead of getting everything from Jenson or Pricepoint and such. Nothing wrong with those companies but they don't provide the service and community real bike shops do.

I do must on my shopping at one shop, but if I'm passing a shop I'll stop in and pick something up like tubes or bottle holders or something.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd

Sometimes the price delta is too great to ignore. It is a tough balance; you want to support the LBS 'cause ya' don't want it to go away, yet at the same time you want to maximize your dollar.

With my now terminal UGI, this is a problem as every bike thing I buy involves a LBS buy or mail-order decision. Sometimes it's easy (one way or the other), sometimes it's not (then it comes down, I must admit, to how lazy I am).

hooples3

i agree I try to do just that.. sometimes its a few dollars more but you cant put a price on personal knowledge.
I work at times at my LBS and for the most part we will match or come close to on-line retailers prices. plus we can save shipping costs as well.. and have a mechanic install it for little or no cost.
I'd strongly suggest people checking out their LBS and see if they can price match before ordering stuff :cool:

Panhead

They've been in Wayne on 23 for years just moved to WM last year. The web page left a little to be desired, but the store was good.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
oh alright! i remember the shop when it was in wayne. makes more sense now. really wasn't a very smart move trying to compete with town cycle. the shops got a huge following and is super involved in the local scene. they basically set up shop seven miles directly down the road. in a sparsely populated area.

Panhead

Right you are. They probably only got half of Berkshire, lower half of union valley and a little into Butler for a customer base. Think a headlight battery could fit into that pack?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i doubt they got much of berkshire at all.

i had my niterider battery in one of the two bottle holders on that pack yesterday. if it's designed to fit in a bottle cage, it'll fit in that pack. if it's like my niterider battery, you would need to stuff a rolled up sock or something in there to make it a snug fit for mountain biking.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Right you are. They probably only got half of Berkshire, lower half of union valley and a little into Butler for a customer base. Think a headlight battery could fit into that pack?

Most Butler folks probably went down to Wayne.

I drove by it a zillion times and never noticed it until one day my wife asked me why I didn't go there (I usually drive 30 minutes to CW or 20 minutes Action Outfitters or sometimes 15 min to Rt 15)...'had no idea...

Never did go in the place 'cause, as I said earlier, it was never open when I tried.

Top Bottom