Geared to Go closing

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I've driven past it for years on 23. Noticed when they moved and saw the new shop open up. Couldn't believe there would have been enough business at the new location to justify it- not very visible from the road either. Old shop was in a place that was very difficult to get to off 23, too.

Location, location, location. It's sad to see a shop go, but at the same time there are some good LBS's still in the area that will now benefit by picking up their customers...

Shaggz

A strong 7
OK 40% off merchandise.

The good news is that they are teaming efforts with Cycle Craft to expand an on-line business, and the owner of G2G will be working out of CCs Parsipanny location.

Wazu

I hate seeing anyone go out of business. It's sure tough out there today. Ownership costs keep rising way faster than you can reasonably raise your prices. I don't need it to become "official" to know that we are and have been, in a recession. My heart goes out to the G2G owners and I will definately be purchasing from them with money I don't have. Might even introduce myself and offer to stuff my bags at the deli with thier flyer. Hopefully the CC and G2G collaboration will be symbiotically sound for both businesses.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
i would say their biggest customer base would probably have been off of green pond road.

He did a lot of business in Greenpond actually. Actually, the move to West Milford was a strategic approach for him to downsize, cut inventory, and get out of the bike industry. It's a tough industry and can often infringe on quality of life for a small shop owner. He may keep it open til summer.

Top Bottom