GCC trail conditions

JDurk

This is a message for any riders who ride GCC. It is a total mess from the rain and from riders who felt the need to ride in conditions that were obviously very bad.

The short section that I walked yesterday was continously rutted. It's a section that is mostly sand, so if it was rutted, the rest of the trail probably looks worse.

Please give it a chance to dry out before riding.

JD

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Amen to that we all need to give the trails a chance to dry out a bit before we ride.
all the hard work that the volunteers put in to maintain and make the trail systems better for us is lost when the trails are rode when they are too wet.

dhunt8705

Just rode on 7/29 - the day after the rain - the trails drained quite well, very little mud. There is still some course tap throughout the woods (I'm guessing from the summer race in the beginning of the month). But overall the trails are in nice shape. There is one hill that looks like it would be fun to ride, but there are multiple blue tarps weighted down on it, so idk what's going on there. I didn't get a chance to ride the small loop over by GCIT, but I'd imagine since that's so low that it was rather wet still.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions