Gas powered bikes?

Joe J

Need to put new tires on the KTM thinking these.

Thoughts on tubeless?

Front:

Rear:

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Need to put new tires on the KTM thinking these.

Thoughts on tubeless?

Front:

Rear:

it’s all about the terrain and speed.

I mostly ran my 350on single track

I’d buy whatever I’d find in closeout on the rear and scorpions on the front. I sized up on width slightly.

I ran a double thick tube up front and a bib mousse on the rear.
As a side.. just got wife approved for a return to moto!!

Joe J

it’s all about the terrain and speed.

I mostly ran my 350on single track

I’d buy whatever I’d find in closeout on the rear and scorpions on the front. I sized up on width slightly.

I ran a double thick tube up front and a bib mousse on the rear.
As a side.. just got wife approved for a return to moto!!

Get the check written quick before the buzz wears off?

Terrain is up in the air I live up by Port Jervis so all the local not so legal stuff has a lot of shale. My preference will be to single track when possible. Definitely some higher speed gravel stuff out by state college & catskills.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Get the check written quick before the buzz wears off?

Terrain is up in the air I live up by Port Jervis so all the local not so legal stuff has a lot of shale. My preference will be to single track when possible. Definitely some higher speed gravel stuff out by state college & catskills.

My inlaws are in milford PA. Hopefully our paths cross on motos

olegbabich

Like Jdog said rear whatever is on close out, with bigger knobbies. I'm cheap and lazy, so when knobs get round I do not flip the tire, I got a knobby knife. 5 min with the knife and I'm good for 1 -2 more months.

Front - I'm running Shinko 540 or 525. I'm slow and ride NJ singletrack with lots of sugar sand. With wider front tires I need to pick up my bike a lot less. :)

Last edited:

JonF

What is your terrain like?

I ride my 690 in the sandy pines, and although it takes a 140 rear, i can still find a couple good options. The best tires i ever ran was the scorpion pro f/r. Tall, sparse, widely spaced knobs would hook in event the deepest sand. Lifespan was short, especially when you do a lot of tarmac transiting. Otherwise Pirelli XCMH were a decent compromise of traction vs cost. If I ran a 120, options would be damn near unlimited. Never tried the beastly Motoz or Goldentyre options but it seems they might be good tires if the terrain you ride matched.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Please convince me not to buy a Suzuki VanVan on closeout.

it’s a totally pointless bike but man it would be fun to cruise the Sourlands backroads on. Especially after they chip seal.

JerseyPete

Please convince me not to buy a Suzuki VanVan on closeout.

it’s a totally pointless bike but man it would be fun to cruise the Sourlands backroads on. Especially after they chip seal.
Affordable, cool looking, lightweight (relatively) and street legal...why wouldn't you buy it if the price is right?:)
How much off MSRP are you seeing?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Affordable, cool looking, lightweight (relatively) and street legal...why wouldn't you buy it if the price is right?:)
How much off MSRP are you seeing?

I can get one $3k out the door, over $1,500 off MSRP. No freight, no set up. Only tax and title.

Top Bottom