Gas Powered Bike Group Ride - June 19 - Cross Country Powersports

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Who’s up for a group ride?

My first thought: Meet in the central Nj area. Start mid/late morning, grab outside lunch or ice cream or coffee somewhere, ride a bit after that then head our separate ways. Nothing too fast, but definitely not boring.

I have some great routes that head straight into Hunterdon county on some fun backroads near me in Hillsborough to Lambertville and back through Hopewell. Bridgewater area up to Chester could be fun too, including around Pottersville.

I’ll coordinate a start point depending on if there is any interest and where everyone is coming from, and we can go from there. No dirt roads.

Just let me know:

- where you’re coming from
- if Friday, Saturday or Sunday is best for you
- if you have any experience riding in a group or not - it’s cool if you don’t, just would like to know.

First ride date:
May 23, 11 am KSU. Meeting place: Montgomery NJ, parking lot behind the Shell gas station on 206 (close to Halters).

Second ride date:
June 19, Cross Country Powersports - coffee and bikes 9am

Last edited:
Who’s up for a group ride?

My first thought: Meet in the central Nj area. Start mid/late morning, grab outside lunch or ice cream or coffee somewhere, ride a bit after that then head our separate ways. Nothing too fast, but definitely not boring.

I have some great routes that head straight into Hunterdon county on some fun backroads near me in Hillsborough to Lambertville and back through Hopewell. Bridgewater area up to Chester could be fun too, including around Pottersville.

I’ll coordinate a start point depending on if there is any interest and where everyone is coming from, and we can go from there. No dirt roads.

Just let me know:

- where you’re coming from
- if Friday, Saturday or Sunday is best for you
- if you have any experience riding in a group or not - it’s cool if you don’t, just would like to know.

Needs own thread.
i need to get my permit and borrow my brother's !

I'd be in for sure. Saturday or Sunday works best, just not mothers day weekend as Mrs Walter is jetting to St Pete for the weekend. i could swing a Friday but I'd need 2 weeks notice for work. I normally ride alone but have ridden in larger groups. Hailing from Middlesex County.

Sat and Sun are best for me. I have a family member with failing health, so my commitments to everything but work are iffy these days. I am in Mercer County and prefer not to ride with large groups. 12 or less is a good number. Weather will dictate which bike to bring.

Sat and Sun are best for me. I have a family member with failing health, so my commitments to everything but work are iffy these days. I am in Mercer County and prefer not to ride with large groups. 12 or less is a good number. Weather will dictate which bike to bring.
I’m with you on the group size. Don’t think we will have an overbooked issue though!

Good call! This can be a recurring thing, right? My ride is currently hibernating, but once I get it out, yea. Trenton, Sat/Sun, have group riding experience. Could plan to meet along the way in Hunterdon or whatever if that's best logistically for group.

Good call! This can be a recurring thing, right? My ride is currently hibernating, but once I get it out, yea. Trenton, Sat/Sun, have group riding experience. Could plan to meet along the way in Hunterdon or whatever if that's best logistically for group.
I think it would be great to be a recurring thing. I’ll post up the first ride details shortly.

Good deal. Tagging everyone here just for updates:

@walter @olegbabich @grilledcheeseking @the schwartz @extremedave

Pencil in May 23rd. 11 am kick stands up. Meet at the link below (very close to Halters). There’s a gas station right there so everyone can fuel up. I’ll post up the route as we get closer. If you have any time constraints post up and I’ll do my best to sort it out.

Meeting spot:

Dropped pin

Last edited:
I would be happier if all four carbs worked all the time but call me a maybe.
mine work, but the gasoline comes out of them whereas the expected behavior is that it remain inside.

seller fired it up and it was basically pouring out... i got the price dropped and still feel like i stole the bike from him it was that cheap. then it fixed itself during the drive home from the seller, figure stuck float needles, i rode it around the neighborhood a few times... but then took it out yesterday and it's overflowing again. so back to probably pulling the carbs and actually cleaning them. oh well.

anyway, i'm probably out for the near future

Hey - turns out I have to change the date. Go figure. Updated above and here - May 23rd 11 am KSU. Sorry about that mix up... already. Last change from me I swear. The CEO of the homestead had me booked for something with my son already that I wasn’t aware of.

As far as a route goes I planned nothing too ambitious knowing people are riding to the meeting point. About 50 miles. I can shave it down if need be, just let me know.

I attached the route here in gpx format so you can load it into your device. If you need it emailed PM me and I can send it that way if loading it from the site doesn’t work.

If you’d like cue sheets let me know what size and I can print them.

@walter @olegbabich @grilledcheeseking @the schwartz @extremedave

Here is the route from the meeting spot as an image, some main roads to open it up, some backroads with no paint that are pretty twisty, so a little bit of everything.
CB919070-F9CB-4DD5-AB83-36645424592C.png

Attachments

• Rosemont Ringoes Road - Wertsville Road - Georgetown Franklin Turnpike Loop.gpx
    184.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
mine work, but the gasoline comes out of them whereas the expected behavior is that it remain inside.
What bike with which carb?

Besides cleaning and looking at needle, I would look at float height seting or a new float assemble altogether.

On my DR 650, there are float O Rings that are prone to leaking, which floods the carb.

Good luck.

What bike with which carb?

Besides cleaning and looking at needle, I would look at float height seting or a new float assemble altogether.

On my DR 650, there are float O Rings that are prone to leaking, which floods the carb.

Good luck.
It’s a Suzuki Bandit 1200, inline four. Carbs gave been apart multiple times fairly recently by a friend who’s good, but it may finally needs parts. It’s exceedingly cold blooded and might also be too lean. Anyway it ran pretty well yesterday so maybe I’ll roll around within wife\trailer range and see if I’m good enough to actually go somewhere with it. Thanks for the advice!

seller fired it up and it was basically pouring out... i got the price dropped and still feel like i stole the bike from him it was that cheap. then it fixed itself during the drive home from the seller, figure stuck float needles, i rode it around the neighborhood a few times... but then took it out yesterday and it's overflowing again. so back to probably pulling the carbs and actually cleaning them. oh well.

anyway, i'm probably out for the near future
Is this the Katoom you just acquired or the older Suzuki? The red one?

Shoulda bought that suzuki

yo why are you discriminating? I’d be happy to take caboose in the s2000!
I’m ok with it if no one objects. If someone has bike issues (which can happen - I’ve experienced it myself) it couldn’t hurt to have an immediate ride.

I have two more riders interested, both I have ridden with a lot.

When we meet up I’ll talk following distance, what hand signs mean what, etc. I have a truck with ramps and straps in case of emergency too.

Back
Top Bottom